On this page:
Who is Ámbar?
ámbar a.k.a. María Conchita Alonso, better known as María Conchita, is a Cuban-born Venezuelan-raised three time Grammy Award–nominated singer/songwriter and actress.
- also known as Maria Conchita, Ambar, María Concepción Alonso Bustillo, Maria Conchita Alonso, María Conchita
- born on (57 years ago) in Cienfuegos, child of María Conchita Bustillo and Ricardo Alonso
- ethnicity: Hispanic and Latino Americans
- nationality: United States of America, Venezuela, Cuba
- profession: Actor, singer, songwriter, model, film producer
- genres: Popular music, Pop music, Hip hop music, Pop rock, Latin pop, Dance-pop, Adult contemporary music
- albums: "De Colección", "The Witch", "Love Maniac", "Imagíname", "Hazme Sentir", "Hoy y Siempre"
- played Claudia Pazzo in "A Fine Mess"
- played Gloria in "A Vision of Murder: The Story of Donielle"
- played Eva Ramirez in "Acts of Betrayal"
- played Annette in "Blackheart"
- played Adrianna Scott in "Blind Heat"
- played Caterina Ammirati in "Blood Ties"
- played Betty in "Caught"
- played Vice President Gloria Valdez in "Chain of Command"
- played Maria in "Chasing Papi"
- played Louisa Gomez in "Colors"
- played Miranda Vega in "El Grito en El Cielo"
- played The Nun in "El Muerto"
- played Consuelo Sara in "ESL: English as a Second Language"
- played Sarita Cisneros in "Extreme Prejudice"
- played Silver in "Fear City"
- played Mrs. Jones in "Heart of America"
- played Helen Ramirez in "High Noon"
- played Lucia in "James A. Michener's Texas"
- played Carmen Alvarado in "Knockout"
- played Cindy Evans in "MacShayne: Final Roll of the Dice"
- played Inez in "Material Girls"
- played Christina Santos in "McBain"
- played Lucia Lombardo in "Moscow on the Hudson"
- played Toni Diaz in "My Husband's Secret Life"
- played Leona Cantrell in "Predator 2"
- played Maria Sanchez in "Art of Submission"
- played Lupe Velez in "Return to Babylon"
- played Queen Elizabeth in "Richard III"
- played Chata in "Roosters"
- played Emma in "Round Trip"
- played Aurora Avila in "Smoke"
- played Ingrid in "Spread"
- played Maria in "Art of Submission"
- played Marta Caldwell in "Sudden Terror: The Hijacking of School Bus #17"
- played Carmen in "Teamster Boss: The Jackie Presser Story"
- played Mrs. Layne in "The Art of Travel"
- played Rachel in "The Code Conspiracy"
- played Vera in "The Company You Keep"
- played Maria Valdez (Voice) in "The Condor"
- played Tránsito Soto in "The House of the Spirits"
- played Minerva Rojas in "The Princess and the Barrio Boy"
- played Amber Mendez in "The Running Man"
- played Denise DeLeon in "Touch and Go"
- played Libra in "Tranced"
- played Alva Restrepo in "Vampire's Kiss"
- played Lucrecia in "Without Men"
- played Sam in "Wolf Moon"
- played Alice Matthias in "The Lords of Salem"
- TV series:
- film produced: Return to Babylon
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album - "Imagíname"
- nominated to ALMA Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female in a Variety or Music Series/Special - "Latino Laugh Festival" (Showtime)
- nominated to Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead - "Caught"
- nominated to ALMA Award for Favorite TV Reality, Variety, or Comedy Personality or Act - "A Capitol Fourth" (Outstanding Performance by an Individual or Act in a Variety/Music Series or Special)
- nominated to ALMA Award for Outstanding Actress in a Made-for-Television Movie or Mini-Series - "My Husband's Secret Life" (USA Network)
- ALMA Award for Outstanding Actress in a Made-for-Television Movie or Mini-Series - "My Husband's Secret Life" (USA Network)
ámbar a.k.a. Ambar is a record label.
ámbar a.k.a. Ambar is a fictional character from the 2012 film Ajj De Ranjhe.
- also known as Amber
- country: Mexico
- producers: Luis Estrada & Sebastián Silva
- production design by Brigitte Broch
- art direction by Mónica Chirinos
- written by Luis Estrada & Jaime Sampietro
- cinematography by Emmanuel Lubezki
- edited by Luis Estrada
- music by Santiago Ojeda
- costume design by María Estela Fernández
- set decoration by Claudio Contreras
- genres: Mystery, Adventure Film, Drama
- released in (21 years ago)
- Ariel Award for Best Actress in a Minor Role nomination for Angélica Aragón
- Ariel Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Emmanuel Lubezki
- Ariel Award for Best Sound nomination for Nerio Barberis, Luis Estrada, Aurora Ojeda Coronado & Salvador de la Fuente
- Ariel Award for Best Set Design nomination for Brigitte Broch
- Ariel Award for Best Production Design nomination for Salvador Parra, Claudio Contreras, Mónica Chirinos, Billy Hülsz, Ana Solares
- Ariel Award for Best Costume Design nomination for María Estela Fernández
- Ariel Award for Best Make-up nomination for Francisco Franco
- Ariel Award for Best Special Effects nomination for Alejandro Vazquez
- Ariel Award for Best Cinematography, received by Emmanuel Lubezki
- Ariel Award for Best Production Design, received by Mónica Chirinos, Claudio Contreras, Salvador Parra, Billy Hülsz, Ana Solares
- Ariel Award for Best Make-up, received by Francisco Franco
- Ariel Award for Best Special Effects, received by Alejandro Vazquez
"ámbar" a.k.a. "Ambar" - War of the Elementals is a browser based massively multiplayer online game strategy developed by Darklights studios in 1999. The game is one of the oldest web based strategy games available on the internet and is regularly played by 150-200 people.. The game was initially pitched as a game "by players, for players" as much of the development team were prominent web gamers and programmers themselves.
- genre: Strategy video game
- released in (16 years ago)
- "ámbar" a.k.a. "Âmbar" is a musical album of Maria Bethânia.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "ámbar" a.k.a. "Ambar" is a musical album of Resplandor.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "ámbar" a.k.a. "Ambar" is a musical album of Eblen Macari.
ámbar a.k.a. Ambar, Virginia: Ambar is an unincorporated community in King George County, Virginia, United States.
ámbar a.k.a. AmBAR: The American Business Association of Russian-Speaking Professionals is a non-profit organization founded to support the Russian-speaking professional community in the United States. The organization's headquarters is located in Palo Alto, California.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ámbar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Noah Webster
ámbar, and with the Ar. article, alámbar, fr. Ar. ' anbar ambergris.] 1. (Min.) Defn: A yellowish translucent resin resembling copal, foundas a fossil in alluvial soils, with beds of lignite, or on the seashorein many ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ámbar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ámbar to see it in context!