Who is Ã–sten?
Ã–sten a.k.a. Anna Sten was a Ukraine-born American actress. She began her career in stage plays and films in Russia before travelling to Germany, where she starred in several films. Her performances were noticed by film producer Samuel Goldwyn, who brought her to the United States with the aim of creating a new screen personality to rival the popular Greta Garbo. After a few unsuccessful films, Goldwyn released her from her contract. She continued to act occasionally until her final film appearance in 1962.
- also known as Anel Sudakevich, Annel Stenskaya Sudakevich, Анна Стен, A. Sten
- born on (106 years ago) in Kiev
- nationality: Russian Empire, United States of America
- profession: Actor
- died on (21 years ago) in New York City
- read more about Anna Sten (actress)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ã–sten
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: