On this page:
- åland a.k.a. The Åland Islands or Åland is an autonomous, demilitarised, monolingually Swedish-speaking region of Finland that consists of an archipelago lying at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea. Collectively, the islands in the archipelago form the smallest region of Finland, constituting 0.49% of its land area and 0.50% of its population.
- also known as Aland, Ålands Landskap, Åland, Province Of Aland, Province Of Åland, Ahvenanmaan Laani, Ahvenanmaan Maakunta, Alands Lan, Landskapet Aland, Ålands Län, Ahvenanmaan Lääni, Landskapet Åland, Alands Landskap, Ahvenanmaa, Aaland islands
- founded in (95 years ago)
- country: Finland
- instance of: archipelago = a group of many islands in a large body of water
- read more about Åland Islands (country)
- åland a.k.a. Aland is a town in Gulbarga district in the state of Karnataka, India. It is the headquarters of Aland Taluk. Aland was formed in 1952 as a Town Municipal Council.
- åland a.k.a. The Aland is a river in the German states of Lower Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt, left tributary of the Elbe. It is the continuation of the river Biese, which is the continuation of the river Milde. The Aland is 27 km long, whereas the total Milde-Biese-Aland system is 97 km long. The Aland flows into the Elbe in Schnackenburg.
- also known as 阿蘭德河
- part of Germany
- åland a.k.a. Åland: The Province of Åland was a province of Finland from 1918 to 2009.
- åland a.k.a. ALAND is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as ALAND waypoint, waypoint ALAND, ALAND fix, fix ALAND
- åland a.k.a. Aland, Saxony-Anhalt: Aland is a municipality in the district of Stendal, in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany. It was formed on 1 January 2010 by the merger of the former municipalities Aulosen, Krüden, Pollitz and Wanzer.
- also known as Aland
- part of Stendal
"åland" a.k.a. "Åland" is a musical single of Kontra.
- released in (35 years ago)
åland a.k.a. The Aland was an advanced four cylinder 2.5liter 16-valve, single ohc automobile with diagonally-connected four-wheel internal expanding brakes and aluminum pistons. It was made in Detroit, Michigan, by the Aland Motor Car Company between 1916 and 1917. Two and five seater bodied versions were available for $1500.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Åland
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Åland to see it in context!