Éire appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- To do fungi lamaseries, Eire’s a malign UFO dot.
- "Eire erodes, so to grab media’s evil war, crawl," I’ve said, embargo-tossed or eerie.
On this page:
Éire is sometimes a misspelling of ere.
- éire a.k.a. Republic of Ireland: Ireland, also known as the Republic of Ireland, is a sovereign state in western Europe occupying about five-sixths of the island of Ireland. The capital and largest city is Dublin, located in the eastern part of the island, whose metropolitan area is home to around a quarter of the country's 4.6 million inhabitants. The state shares its only land border with Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom. It is otherwise surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the Celtic Sea to the south, Saint George's Channel to the south east, and the Irish Sea to the east. It is a unitary, parliamentary republic with an elected president serving as head of state. The head of government, the Taoiseach, is nominated by the lower house of parliament, Dáil Éireann.
- also known as Éire, the 26 counties, the twenty-six counties, the Free State, Irish Republic, Eire
- part of Ireland, Europe, Eurasia, Emerald Isle, Hibernia
- instance of: European country / European nation = any one of the countries occupying the European continent
- capital of Ireland / Irish capital / Dublin = capital and largest city and major port of the Irish Republic
- Cork = a port city in southern Ireland
- Galway = a port city in western Ireland on Galway Bay
- Limerick = port city in southwestern Ireland
- Tara = a village in eastern Ireland
- Waterford = a port city in southern Ireland
- member of: British Commonwealth / Commonwealth of Nations = an association of nations consisting of the United Kingdom and several former British colonies that are now sovereign states but still pay allegiance to the British Crown; Common Market / EC / EEC / EU / Europe / European Community / European Economic Community / European Union = an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
- read more about Republic of Ireland (country)
- éire a.k.a. is a Postal Code.
- "éire" a.k.a. "Eire" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Birgit Muggenthaler
- "éire" a.k.a. "Èire" is a composition.
- music by Andreas Waldetoft
éire a.k.a. Éire is Irish for "Ireland", the name of an island and a sovereign state.
- also known as Eire
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Éire
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Éire to see it in context!