On this page:
Who is Émile Durkheim?
émile Durkheim a.k.a. Émile Durkheim: David Émile Durkheim was a French sociologist, social psychologist and philosopher. He formally established the academic discipline and, with Karl Marx and Max Weber, is commonly cited as the principal architect of modern social science and father of sociology.
- also known as Emile Durkheim, David Émile Durkheim, Durkheim
- born on (157 years ago) in Épinal
- nationality: France
- profession: Sociologist, scientist, philosopher
- died on (98 years ago) in Paris
- buried in Montparnasse Cemetery
- read more about Émile Durkheim (philosopher)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Émile Durkheim
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Émile Durkheim
Each victim of suicide gives his act a personal stamp which expresses his temperament, the special conditions in which he is involved, and which, consequently, cannot be explained by the social and general causes of the phenomenon. (Emile Durkheim)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Émile Durkheim to see it in context!