On this page:
- "études" a.k.a. "Études" by Frédéric Chopin are three sets of solo studies for the piano. There are twenty-seven overall, comprising two separate collections of twelve, numbered Opus 10 and 25, and a set of three without opus number.
- "études" a.k.a. "Études": Claude Debussy's Études are a set of 12 piano études composed in 1915. The pieces are extremely difficult to play, and Debussy described them as "a warning to pianists not to take up the musical profession unless they have remarkable hands". They are broadly considered his late masterpieces.
- music by Claude Debussy
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical album of Frédéric Chopin, Maurizio Pollini, Krzysztof Jablonski.
- released on (24 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Études": Einojuhani Rautavaara's six Etydit, Op. 42 were composed in 1969. According to the composer, the intent in writing these works, each of which explores a single interval, was to "...reintroduce a sonorous, broad piano style using the entire compass of the keyboard, presenting this wonderful instrument in its full abundance." Matambo, in her study of the composer's solo piano works, noted that the composer also referred to the works as "interval experiments", and that with the exception of the first of the études all of the pieces exploit dissonance.
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is an album by the American jazz bassist Charlie Haden recorded in 1987 and released on the Italian Soul Note label.
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical album of Tony Williams, Ron Carter, Art Farmer & Bill Evans.
- released in (32 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical album of Frédéric Chopin & Samson François.
- also known as Études Op. 10 & Op. 25
- released in (23 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Études" is a musical album of Frédéric Chopin, Leopold Godowsky, Boris Berezovsky.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is an award-nominated musical album of Frédéric Chopin & Vladimir Ashkenazy.
- released in (31 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Études" is a musical album of Frédéric Chopin & Istvan Szekely.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Études" is a musical album by Marc-André Hamelin that was nominated for Classical Album of the Year - Solo or Chamber Ensemble in Juno Awards of 2011.
- released in (5 years ago)
- award: - Juno Award for Classical Album of the Year – Solo or Chamber Ensemble nomination for Marc-André Hamelin
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical album of Frédéric Chopin & Jaroslaw Drzewiecki.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical album of Frédéric Chopin & Vladimir Ashkenazy.
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical album of Wilhelm Backhaus & Frédéric Chopin.
- "études" a.k.a. "Etudes" is a musical EP of He Can Jog.
- études a.k.a. Étude: An étude is an instrumental musical composition, usually short, of considerable difficulty, and designed to provide practice material for perfecting a particular musical skill. The tradition of writing études emerged in the early 19th century with the rapidly growing popularity of the piano. Of the vast number of études from that era some are still used as teaching material, and a few, by major composers such as Frédéric Chopin, Franz Liszt and Claude Debussy, achieved a place in today's concert repertory. Études written in the 20th century include those related to traditional ones, those that require wholly unorthodox technique, and ones that are unusually easy to play.
- also known as Etude
- études a.k.a. Études: The Hungarian composer György Ligeti composed a cycle of 18 études for solo piano between 1985 and 2001. They are one of the major creative achievements of his last decades, and one of the most significant sets of piano studies of the 20th century, combining virtuoso technical problems with expressive content, following in the line of the études of Frédéric Chopin, Franz Liszt, and Claude Debussy, but addressing new technical ideas as a compendium of the concepts Ligeti had worked out in his other works since the 1950s. Pianist Jeremy Denk wrote that they "are a crowning achievement of his career and of the piano literature; though still new, they are already classics.
- études a.k.a. Études is a ballet by Danish dancer and choreographer Harald Lander with original score by Carl Czerny and piano studies arranged by Knudåge Riisager. It is considered Lander's most famous choreographic work and brought him international fame.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Études
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Études
Amber frosted reeds
in the summer's wind
syncopated and back
shouting then singing
boisterous and raucous
bright and nimble
on a soft smooth cheek (Frederick Kesner)
more quotes about études...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Études to see it in context!