India appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Aid nine men, India.
- "Ev, awl adits aid nine posts!" I dash to boss, "so both sadists open India’s tidal wave."
On this page:
Fun fact! India has more people who speak or understand English than any other country in the world.
Fun fact! Until 1870's, the schools in England taught only Greek and Latin and there were no professors of English literature in Oxford and Cambridge. But then back in India, schools had a well developed curriculum to teach English.
- índia a.k.a. La India: Linda Viera Caballero, better known as India and La Princesa de la Salsa, is a singer-songwriter of salsa and house music. She has been nominated for both Grammy and Latin Grammy awards.
- also known as Linda Viera Caballero, La Princesa de la Salsa, India, The Princess of Salsa
- born on (45 years ago) in Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
- nationality: United States of America, Puerto Rico
- profession: Singer
- member of musical groups:
- with "Little" Louie Vega since
- genres: Salsa music, House music, Freestyle music, Latin pop
- albums: "Breaking Night", "Dicen Que Soy", "Jazzin'", "Latin Songbird", "Llego la India Via Eddie Palmieri", "Lo mejor de India", "Sobre el Fuego", "Sola - Dicen Que Soy", "Sola", "Soy Diferente", "To Be in Love", "Unica", "Salsa Divas", "Latin Song Bird: Mi Alma y Corazón", "I Can't Get No Sleep '95", "La Historia... Mis Exitos", "Backfired (Joey Negro Club & Dubfired Mixes)"
- filmography: "Celia Cruz & Friends: A Night of Salsa"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Grammy Award for Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album - "Sobre el Fuego"
- nominated to Latin Grammy Award for Best Salsa Album - "Soy Diferente"
- nominated to Latin Grammy Award for Best Salsa Album - "Unica"
- official website: www.elmundodeindia.com
- índia a.k.a. India is a pornographic actress, singer and rap artist.
- índia a.k.a. India Summer is the stage name of an American pornographic actress and nude model. Her stage name is based on the phrase Indian summer, as used in the song Indian Summer by The Doors. Summer also has mainstream acting credits.
- índia a.k.a. India Oxenberg is an actress.
índia a.k.a. India Willie Bushis US President'sGeorge W. BushandLaura Bush'sblack cat.There was some controversy reported inIndiaas several people were upset with the cat's name. In the southern Indian state of Kerala, for example, 101 dogs were reportedly renamed 'Bush' in protest to President Bush's cat being called India. In actuality, the cat is not named for the country of India, rather for baseball player Ruben Sierra who was nicknamed El Indio during his time with the Texas Rangers when Bush owned the team.
- also known as India "Willie" Bush
- died on (5 years ago) in White House
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a book by Jean Drèze.
- also known as "India: development and participation"
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a book by Burjor Avari.
- also known as "India: the ancient past: a history of the Indian sub-continent from c. 7000 BC to AD 1200"
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a book by John Keay.
- also known as "India: a history"
- subjects: Asia, History, India, South Asia, World
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a book by Stanley Wolpert.
- also known as India, Updated Edition
- "índia" a.k.a. "Indien" ist ein österreichischer Film aus dem Jahr 1993.
- also known as India
- country: Austria
- language: German Language
- director: Paul Harather
- producers: Milan Dor & Danny Krausz
- production design by Ernst Wurzer
- written by Josef Hader, Alfred Dorfer, Paul Harather
- based on a story by Josef Hader & Alfred Dorfer
- Alfred Dorfer as Kurt Fellner
- Josef Hader as Heinzi Bösel
- Maria Hofstatter as Kirchnerwirtin
- Roger Murbach as Kirchbergwirt
- Ursula Rojek as Kellnerin
- Karl Markovics as Kirchingerwirt
- Linde Prelog as Obkircherwirtin
- Karl Künstler as Mönichkirchnerwirt
- Wolfgang Böck as Primar
- Proschat Madani as Krankenschwester
- cinematography by Hans Selikovsky
- edited by Andreas Kopriva
- music by Ulrich Sinn
- costume design by Heidi Melinc
- genres: Comedy, Drama, Road movie
- released in (22 years ago)
- "índia" a.k.a. "India: Matri Bhumi" is a 1959 documentary and drama film written by Roberto Rossellini, Fereydoun Hoveyda and Sonali Senroy DasGupta and directed by Roberto Rossellini.
- also known as Indien, Mutter Erde; Inde, terre mère; India, mana gi; India
- countries: France, Italy, India
- language: Italian Language
- written by Fereydoon Hoveyda, Roberto Rossellini, Sonali Senroy DasGupta
- based on a story by Roberto Rossellini
- cinematography by Aldo Tonti
- edited by Cesare Cavagna
- music by Alain Daniélou, Philippe Arthuys, Giovanni Bross
- genres: Documentary film, Drama
- released on (55 years ago)
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a film, written and directed by Surresh Ayaar & Mario Andreacchio.
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is the third studio album by German symphonic metal band Xandria. It was released in August 22, 2005 via Drakkar Entertainment label. The album also released one single, "In Love with the Darkness".
- "índia" a.k.a. "Índia" is an 1973 studio album by the singer Gal Costa. Its major hits were "Índia," "Volta," and "Desafinado.
- genre: Música popular brasileira
- released in (42 years ago)
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is the first studio album by Spanish singer Vega, released on November 7, 2003 on Vale Music Spain.
- "índia" a.k.a. "India?" is the third studio album by the band Suns of Arqa, recorded and released in 1984 by Rocksteady Records. The album was produced by Suns of Arqa founder Michael Wadada. It is their fourth album overall when including their 1983 live album with Prince Far I, and this is indicated subtly on the spine with the letters "Vol IV". The spine also reads "Such big ears, but still you can't see".
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a musical album of Kitaro, tv soundtrack.
- also known as Ten-Jiku - Silk Road IV
- released in (32 years ago)
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by John Coltrane
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a musical single of DJ Jochen.
- "índia" a.k.a. "India" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Bryan Ferry
- índia a.k.a. India: In ancient Greek geography, the basin of the Indus River was on the extreme eastern fringe of the known world. The first Greek geographer to describe India was Herodotus, who calls it ἡ Ἰνδική χώρη hē Indikē chōrē, after Hinduš, the Old Persian name of the river and the associated satrapy of the Achaemenid Empire. Darius the Great had conquered this territory in 516 BC, and during the 5th century BC, Greek knowledge of India was entirely received by contact to the Persian empire. The Greeks were not aware of the geography of India east of the Indus basin. Herodotus in 4.
- índia a.k.a. India was an ecclesiastical province of the Church of the East, at least nominally, from the seventh to the sixteenth century. The Malabar Coast of India had long been home to a thriving East Syrian Christian community, known as the St. Thomas Christians. The community traces its origins to the evangelical activity of Thomas the Apostle in the 1st century. The Indian Christian community were initially part of the metropolitan province of Fars, but were detached from that province in the 7th century, and again in the 8th, and given their own metropolitan bishop.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for india
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of india to see it in context!