On this page:
Definition of the noun øRE
What does øRE mean as a name of something?
- A currency unit worth one hundredth of a Norwegian and Danish krone.
- øre a.k.a. Ore, a former village, is a suburb of the urban area of the town and borough of Hastings in East Sussex. It is located to the north-east of the town on the main road to Rye. Its name may have originated from the Old English word for "stream-bank". It is the largest suburb of Hastings. The parish church in the village centre is Christ Church, and the village also features a Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Salvation Army unit and a Methodist church.
- also known as Ore, Sussex; Ore Valley
- part of United Kingdom
- øre a.k.a. Øre is a village and former municipality in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway. The village is located along the Batnfjorden in the present-day Gjemnes Municipality. The village lies about half-way between the villages of Batnfjordsøra and Torvikbukt. Øre Church is located in this village. The village of Øre was the administrative centre of the old Øre Municipality which existed from 1838 until 1965.
- also known as Øre, Norway
- part of Norway
- øre a.k.a. Orléans – Bricy Air Base is a French Air Force north-northwesst of Ingré near the city of Orléans; about 65 miles south-southwest of Paris.
- part of France
- øre a.k.a. Ore railway station serves Ore Valley in East Sussex, England. It is on the Marshlink Line, and train services are provided by Southern, with a few peak services operated by Southeastern.
- part of United Kingdom
- øre a.k.a. Øre is a lake in the municipality of Åseral in Vest-Agder county, Norway.
- part of Åseral
øre a.k.a. ORE is a musical group, webpage.
- "øre" a.k.a. "Ore": Oreskaband is the commercial debut album of Japanese ska band, OreSkaBand, released on July 19, 2006.
- "øre" a.k.a. "Ore" is a musical album of Derek Bailey & Eddie Prevost.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "øre" a.k.a. "Ore" is a musical album of Darwinsbitch.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "øre" a.k.a. "Ore" is a musical EP of The Treehouse.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "øre" a.k.a. "Ore" is a composition.
- music by Yann van der Cruyssen
"øre" a.k.a. "It's Me, It's Me": It's Me, It's Me is a 2012 comedy drama science fiction thriller film directed by Satoshi Miki.
- also known as Ore Ore, Ore
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producers: Tarô Nagamatsuya, Yûko Shiomaki, Yusuke Wakabayashi
- executive producer: Julie K. Fujishima
- production design by Toshihiro Isomi & Emiko Tsuyuki
- art direction by Toshihiro Isomi & Emiko Tsuyuki
- written by Satoshi Miki
- based on a story by Tomoyuki Hoshino
- cinematography by Takashi Komatsu
- edited by Sagara Naoichiro
- costume design by Masae Miyamoto
- genres: Comedy, Science Fiction, Thriller, Drama, Fantasy, Crime Fiction
- released on
- official website: ore-ore.jp/english.html
- øre a.k.a. Ore: An ore is a type of rock that contains sufficient minerals with important elements including metals that can be economically extracted from the rock. The ores are extracted through mining; these are then refined to extract the valuable element.
- also known as Cevher, 矿石
- øre a.k.a. Öre is the discontinued centesimal subdivision of the Swedish krona. The plural and singular are the same in the indefinite forms, whereas the singular definite form is öret and the plural definite is örena. The name derives from the Latin aureus, the name of a coin worth 25 denarii. The corresponding subdivisions of the Norwegian and Danish krones are called øre.
- also known as Ore
- øre a.k.a. Øre is the centesimal subdivision of the Norwegian and Danish krones. The Faroese division is called the oyra, but is equal in value to the Danish coin. Before their discontinuation, the corresponding divisions of the Swedish krona and the Icelandic króna were the öre and the eyrir, respectively. In all five languages, the name derives from the Latin aureus, a gold coin worth 25 denarii.
- øre a.k.a. Orejón Language: Orejón, also Coto or Maijiki, is a moribund Tucanoan language of Peru.
- also known as Mai Ja, Oregon, Tutapi, Koto, Coto, Orechon, Payagua
- øre a.k.a. ORE is a website.
- also known as Airport Code ORE, ORE Airport Code, Orange Municipal Airport
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for øRE
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: