On this page:
über a.k.a. Uber is a rideshare and taxi service company headquartered in San Francisco, California, which operates in cities in several countries. The company uses a smartphone application to receive ride requests, and then sends these trip requests to their drivers. Customers use the app to request rides and track their reserved vehicle's location. As of August 29, 2014, the service was available in 45 countries and more than 200 cities worldwide, and was valued at more than US$40 billion in December 2014.
- also known as Uber.com
- official website: www.uber.com
über a.k.a. Über is a musical group.
- albums: "Segon senzill", "Fuck the System", "Sencill de 6 cançons", "España y mierda"
- "über" a.k.a. "Über" is the second full-length album by Norwegian experimental black/thrash band Sturmgeist. The album was released on October 16, 2006 through Season Of Mist. This album introduced two new members to the band, John E. Jacobsen aka Panzer on guitar and bass and Christian Svendsen aka AntiChristian on drums, officially changing the project from a solo band to a full band.
- "über" a.k.a. "UBER" is a musical album of Hyperultra.
- "über" a.k.a. "UBER" is a musical album of T-Pain.
- über a.k.a. Über with English over, Dutch over and Icelandic yfir, among other Germanic languages. It is also distantly cognate to both Latin super and Greek ὑπέρ, through Proto-Indo-European. It is relatively well-known within Anglophone communities due to its occasional use as a hyphenated prefix in informal English, usually for emphasis. It is properly spelled with an umlaut.
- also known as Uber
- über a.k.a. Über is an Anglo-American comic book series written by British author Kieron Gillen and illustrated by Canaan White, Gabriel Andrade and Daniel Gete. It is published monthly by Avatar Press, which released the first issue in April 2013. The comic depicts an alternate World War II in which the Third Reich develops powerful superhuman soldiers in 1945, preventing its imminent defeat and forcing the Allied nations to counter with superhumans of their own. The series is notable for its extreme violence, its depiction of wartime moral ambiguity, and the major roles it gives to historical figures such as Adolf Hitler, Winston Churchill, Alan Turing and Heinz Guderian. The complete series of Über is scheduled to comprise up to 60 issues.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for üBER
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of üBER to see it in context!