On this page:
The word car is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
Definition of the noun car
What does car mean as a name of something?
Car is a genus of Eccoptarthridae.
- synonym: genus Car
Specialised definition of the noun car
Glossary of sports
a small motor vehicle for carrying people (2008. Dictionary of Leisure, Travel and Tourism. Third edition. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
a railway carriage or wagon (2008. Dictionary of Leisure, Travel and Tourism. Third edition. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
- region: USA
- čar a.k.a. Carli Lloyd is a football player, olympic athlete, athlete.
- also known as Carli Anne Lloyd, Car
- born on (32 years ago) in Delran Township
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Rutgers University
- profession: Football player
- medal: The London 2012 Summer Olympics - Gold medal for United States of America in Football at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's tournament, with Nicole Barnhart, Shannon Boxx, Rachel Van Hollebeke, Lauren Holiday, Tobin Heath, Amy LePeilbet, Sydney Leroux, Heather Mitts, Alex Morgan, Kelley O'Hara, Heather O'Reilly, Christie Rampone, Megan Rapinoe, Amy Rodriguez, Becky Sauerbrunn, Hope Solo, Abby Wambach
- official website: www.carlilloyd.com
- čar a.k.a. Ion Luca Caragiale was a Romanian playwright, short story writer, poet, theater manager, political commentator and journalist. He is considered one of the greatest Romanian playwrights and writers, a leading representative of local humor, and a main representative of Junimea, an influential literary society with which he parted during the second half of his life.
- also known as I. L. Caragiale, Car., Ein rumänischer Patriot, Luca, Ion, Palicar
- born on (162 years ago) in I. L. Caragiale, Dâmbovița, child of Luca Caragiale and Ecaterina Caragiale
- nationality: Romania
- profession: Writer, poet, journalist, playwright
- parent of
- died on (102 years ago) in Berlin of cardiovascular disease
- buried in Bellu Cemetery
- written works: "Kir Ianulea", "Sketches and stories", "În vreme de război", "O noapte furtunoasă", "A Lost Letter", "O făclie de Paște", "Conu Leonida faţă cu reacţiunea", "O soacră", "Păcat", "Om cu noroc", "Cum se înţeleg ţăranii", "Cănuţă om sucit", "Năpasta", "La hanul lui Mânjoală", "Calul dracului", "D-ale carnavalului", "Hatmanul Baltag", "Începem", "1 Aprilie", "Pastramă trufanda"
- čar a.k.a. Carly McKillip is a Canadian actress and musician known for her title role in television series Alice, I Think.
- also known as Carly Maria McKillip, Carly McKillup, Carly McKillop, Carl McKillup, Car
- born on (25 years ago) in Vancouver, child of Tom McKillip and Lynda McKillip
- nationality: Canada
- profession: Singer, actor, musician, voice actor
- member of musical group One More Girl
- read more about Carly McKillip (actress)
- čar a.k.a. Carson Grant is an American actor and artist. Grant has created characters and stories in visual mediums as drawings, paintings, in films and on stage.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a fictional character from the 2005 film Escape from Cluster Prime.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a fictional character from the 2002 film Scars.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a fictional film character.
"čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a book by Harry Crews.
- also known as "Car; a novel"
- genre: Fiction
"čar" a.k.a. "The Car" is a 1977 thriller film directed by Elliot Silverstein and written by Michael Butler, Dennis Shryack and Lane Slate. The film stars James Brolin, Kathleen Lloyd, John Marley, and Ronny Cox, and tells the story of a mysterious car which goes on a murderous rampage, terrorizing the residents of a small town.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- music by Leonard Rosenman
- set decoration by John McCarthy, Jr.
- genres: Thriller, Horror
- subject: Urban legend
- There's nowhere to turn, nowhere to hide, no way to stop...
- What EVIL drives...
- Is it a phantom, a demon, or the Devil himself?
- rating: PG (USA)
- released in (38 years ago)
"čar" a.k.a. "Car" is an artwork by John Salt.
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Doug Martsch
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a musical single of Built to Spill.
- also known as Car / Scarin
- released in (20 years ago)
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a musical album of Alya.
- released in
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a musical album of The Pornography.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a musical album of Holly Herndon.
- released on
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a musical single of Come.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "čar" a.k.a. "Car" is a musical album of The Slats.
- released in (16 years ago)
- čar a.k.a. Čar is a village in the municipality of Bujanovac, Serbia. According to the 2002 census, the town has a population of 296 people.
- part of Bujanovac
- čar a.k.a. Caribou Municipal Airport is a general aviation airport located 1 mile northwest of the city of Caribou in Aroostook County, Maine, USA.
- also known as Caribou Airport
- part of United States of America
- čar a.k.a. The Carolina Panthers are a professional American football team based in Charlotte, North Carolina. They play in the South division of the National Football Conference, one of the two conferences in the National Football League. The team is worth approximately USD $1 billion, according to Forbes, and is controlled by Jerry Richardson and his family; they have a 48% stake. The remainder of the team is held by a group of 14 limited partners. The head coach is Ron Rivera, while the president is Danny Morrison.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a British automotive enthusiast magazine published monthly by Bauer Consumer Media. International editions are published by Bauer Automotive in Brazil, China, Greece, India, Malaysia, Mexico, the Middle East, Poland, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand and Turkey. A Japanese counterpart, Car Magazine, is published by Neko Publishing.
- čar a.k.a. Car or Kar is a name in Greek mythology that refers to two characters who may or may not be one and the same.
- čar a.k.a. Carib Language: Carib or Kalina is a Cariban language spoken by the Kalina people of South America. It is spoken by around 7,400 people mostly in Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, and Brazil.
- also known as Kalinya, Kali'na, Galibi, Caribe, Marworno, Maraworno, Kalihna, Carib, Galibí, Cariña
- čar a.k.a. ptsG is a gene.
- čar a.k.a. Car of the Carians, according to Herodotus, was the brother of Lydus and Mysus. He was regarded as the eponymous and ancestral hero of the Carians who would have received their name from the king.
- čar a.k.a. Nicobarese, Car Language: Car is the most widely spoken of the Nicobarese languages spoken in the Nicobar Islands of India.
- also known as Car, Pu, Car language
- čar a.k.a. Nr1i3 is a protein.
- also known as nuclear receptor subfamily 1, group I, member 3; CAR2; ESTM32; Care2; Constitutive androstane receptor 2; CAR; CAR1; constitutively transactivates RARE; Constitutive androstane receptor; Orphan nuclear hormone receptor isoform mCAR1; MB67
- čar a.k.a. contractile ring is a gene group, gene ontology group.
- čar a.k.a. Car is an iPad interactive ad.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a programming language.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a file format.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a TV spot.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a print ad.
- čar a.k.a. Car is a marketing campaign.
- čar a.k.a. tripartite motif-containing 13 is a gene.
- also known as CLL-associated RING finger, tripartite motif protein 13, ret finger protein 2
- čar a.k.a. coxsackie virus and adenovirus receptor is a gene.
- also known as coxsackie virus B receptor, 46 kD coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) protein, CVB3 binding protein
- čar a.k.a. nuclear receptor subfamily 1, group I, member 3 is a gene.
- also known as constitutive activator of retinoid response, constitutive androstane receptor, orphan nuclear hormone receptor, constitutive active receptor
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for car
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about car
Vous qui pleurez, venez à ce Dieu, car il pleure.
Vous qui souffrez, venez à lui, car il guérit.
Vous qui tremblez, venez à lui, car il sourit.
Vous qui passez, venez à lui, car il demeure. (Victor Hugo)
more quotes about čar...
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of car to learn how to say it correctly!