On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun il
What does il mean as a name of something?
- a midwestern state in north-central United States
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- alternative spelling: Ill.
- synonyms of IL: Illinois / Land of Lincoln / Prairie State
- instance of: American state = one of the 50 states of the United States
- part of: middle west / Midwest / midwestern United States = the north central region of the United States; America / the States / U.S. / U.S.A. / United States / United States of America / US / USA = North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean
- Cairo = a town at the southern tip of Illinois at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers
- Carbondale = a town in southern Illinois
- Champaign = a university town in east central Illinois adjoining Urbana
- Windy City / Chicago = largest city in Illinois
- Decatur = a city in central Illinois
- East Saint Louis = a town in southwest Illinois on the Mississippi across from Saint Louis
- Moline = a town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River
- Peoria = a city in central Illinois on the Illinois River
- Rockford = a city in northern Illinois
- Rock Island = a town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River
- capital of Illinois / Springfield = capital of the state of Illinois
- Urbana = a university town in east central Illinois adjoining Champaign
- Illinois River = a river in Illinois that flows southwest to the Mississippi River
- Little Wabash River / Little Wabash = a river in eastern Illinois that flows southeastward to the Wabash River
Definition of the adjective il
What does il mean as an attribute of a noun?
IL a.k.a. Illinois is a state in the Midwestern United States. It is the 5th most populous and 25th most extensive state, and is often noted as a microcosm of the entire country. With Chicago in the northeast, small industrial cities and great agricultural productivity in central and northern Illinois, and natural resources like coal, timber, and petroleum in the south, Illinois has a diverse economic base and is a major transportation hub. The Port of Chicago connects the state to other global ports from the Great Lakes, via the Saint Lawrence Seaway, to the Atlantic Ocean; as well as the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River, via the Illinois River. For decades, O'Hare International Airport has been ranked as one of the world's busiest airports. Illinois has long had a reputation as a bellwether both in social and cultural terms and politics.
- read more about Illinois (state)
Il a.k.a. Odyssey International was a charter airline airline based in Toronto, Canada.
Il is a fictional character from the television program Shugo-Chara.
- "Il" a.k.a. "Îl" is a 2012 studio album by Matthieu Chedid.
- released on
- "Il" is a musical single of Les Négresses Vertes.
- "Il" is a composition.
- music by Plus One
- il: .il is the Internet country code top-level domain of Israel. It is administered by the Israel Internet Association, which hosts the DNS Root Server and manages the Israel Internet Exchange, that supports IPv4 & IPv6.
- also known as .il
- official website: www.isoc.org.il/domains
- IL: The Internet Link protocol or IL is a connection-based transport layer protocol designed at Bell Labs originally as part of the Plan 9 operating system and is used to carry 9P. It is assigned the Internet Protocol number of 40. It is similar to TCP but much simpler.
- Il is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.