On this page:
- Irfan a.k.a. Irrfan Khan: Sahabzade Irrfan Ali Khan, credited as Irrfan Khan or simply Irrfan, is an Indian film actor known for his works predominantly in Bollywood. He is also known for his works in British Indian films, Hollywood ventures, and a Telugu film.
- read more about Irrfan Khan (actor)
- Irfan is an Indian actor who has appeared in Tamil films and television serials. Irfan began his career with a Television serial [Kana Kaanum Kaalangal], which gained him with huge popularity among Tamil audience. Post doing couple of movies, the actor did his first solo role in a movie titledSundaattam. The actor will be next seen in a village drama titled Ponge Ezhu Manohara and action thriller subject Ru, tentatively expected to release during the fall of winter this year.
- Irfan is an actor.
- also known as Irfaan
- profession: Actor
- read more about Irfan (actor)
- Irfan appeared in the Dilli documentary film.
- Irfan a.k.a. Irfan Aulia Irsal is a musical artist.
- read more about Irfan Aulia Irsal
Irfan is a Bulgarian world music & neoclassical darkwave band. The name of the band is borrowed from the Sufi terminology and can be translated from Persian and Arabic as “gnosis”, “mystic knowledge” or “revelation”. Irfan's music is an invitation for a mystical trip in and beyond time, a message, poetically extended in the language of the heart. World reviews are hesitant about the genre categorization of Irfan's music, determining it as neoclassical darkwave/world music/sacred music/ethereal wave/heavenly voices. Indeed Irfan's music is a world fusion and it is strongly influenced by the sacred and folk music traditions of Bulgaria, the Balkans, Persia, Caucasus, the Middle East and North Africa, as well as by the musical and spiritual heritage of Byzantium and Medieval Europe, yet it retains its own original sound. The musicians use traditional and medieval European instruments and vocal techniques woven into a delicate electronic dark ambient sound.
- genres: Ethereal wave, Neoclassicism, World music
- albums: "Irfan", "Seraphim"
- Irfan a.k.a. İrfan is a fictional character from the 2007 film Bliss.
- read more about İrfan
- Irfan a.k.a. İrfan is a fictional character from the 2006 film Destiny.
- read more about İrfan
- Irfan is a fictional character from the 1995 film Taaqat.
- Irfan is a fictional character from the 1994 film Mohra.
- Irfan a.k.a. İrfan is a fictional character in the 2013 film Thou Gild'st the Even.
- Irfan is a fictional character from the 1975 film Saat Sawal.
- Irfan is a fictional character from the 2011 drama film Roadie.
- Irfan a.k.a. İrfan is a fictional character from 2010 movie Majority.
There are other characters with in their name, like Irfan Habib.
"Irfan" is a musical album of Irfan.
- released in (13 years ago)
Irfan: In Islam, ‘Irfān, also spelt Irfaan and Erfan, literally ‘knowing, awareness’, is gnosis; however, it also refers to Islamic mysticism. Those with the name are sometimes referred to as having an insight into the unseen. Irfan is also a Muslim given name, usually for males.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Irfan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Creating An Islamic State (2003)
Khomeini and the Making of a New Iran by Vanessa Martin
'Irfan and its Background 'Irfan is a kind of mystical philosophy which encompasses the possibility of unity with the divine one and universal self. At the heart of it is the perception that all creation derives from the One, the eternal truth.
by Kunal Chakrabarti, Shubhra Chakrabarti
Habib, Irfan. An Atlas of the Mughal Empire. Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1982. Habib, Irfan, and Faiz Habib. Atlas of Ancient Indian History. Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2012. Iqbal, Iftekhar. The Bengal Delta. Basingstoke, Great Britain: ...
by Ludwig W. Adamec
IMAMZADEH; IRFAN; ISHRAQ; MANICHAEISM; MAZDAK (d. ca. 524); MULLA SADRA (SADR ...
by Cyril Glassé
'Irfan. Gnosis or esoteric knowledge. The word is used mostly in ShT'ism, and actually corresponds to the general ideas of Sufism removed from the operative context of disciple and master (tariqah). and formal transmission through an initiatic ...
by Gerhard Böwering, Patricia Crone
California State University,Stanislaus Lebanon Camilla Adang, TelAviv University Ibn Hazm Asma Afsaruddin, IndianaUniversity martyrdom Ahmed Afzaal, Concordia College nonviolence Irfan Ahmad, Monash University ( Australia) Aligarh; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Irfan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Irfan
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Dan Zen
One child you'll never forget.
Photo credit: Avijeet_Sachdev
A little Sneak Peak of an upcoming Reportage...
Photo credit: gregorfischer.photography
- General Irfan
Photo credit: Irfan Ali (UK)
- Tri Ahmad Irfan
@ Dunkin' Salak
Photo credit: bukrie
- Mohd Irfan Danish
Nikon D300s,SIGMA 10-20mm & SB 900 Speedlight
Photo credit: nourisya
- Irfan Guest-house, Leh
Photo credit: simon-and-india
View more pictures about Muhammad Irfan.
Video language resources about Irfan
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Irfan!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Irfan to see it in context!