On this page:
ősi a.k.a. OSI is an American progressive rock band, originally formed by Fates Warning guitarist Jim Matheos in 2002. Chroma Key keyboardist and vocalist Kevin Moore is the only other full-time member of the band. The collaboration may be considered a studio project, as its members and contributors write and track most of their material independently, sharing and developing tracks long-distance, only coming together at the end of the process for mixing and additional tracking. The band's name is a reference to the Office of Strategic Influence, a short-lived American government agency formed in 2001 to support the War on Terror through propaganda. The band has featured a number of guest musicians on its albums, including Sean Malone, Steven Wilson, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Joey Vera and Gavin Harrison.
- also known as O.S.I., Office of Strategic Influence
- genres: Progressive metal, Industrial metal, Progressive rock, Industrial rock, Electronic music, Post-metal, Avant-garde metal, Rock music, Electronic rock, Heavy metal
- albums: "Office of Strategic Influence", "Free", "Re:free", "Blood", "Fire Make Thunder"
- official website: www.osiband.com
Who is Ősi?
ősi a.k.a. Osi Umenyiora: Ositadimma "Osi" Umenyiora is a British-born American football player who is an outside linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League. He played college football for Troy University, and he was drafted by the New York Giants in the second round of the 2003 NFL Draft. Umenyiora has been selected for the Pro Bowl twice, and holds the Giants franchise record for most sacks in one game. He is one of three British-born players to have won a Super Bowl ring, joining Scott McCready and former Giants teammate Lawrence Tynes.
- also known as Ositadimma Umenyiora, Osi
- born on (34 years ago) in London, child of John Umenyiora and Chinelo Chukwueke
- ethnicity: British Nigerian
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: American football player
- parent of Dijani Umenyiora
ősi a.k.a. Osi is a fictional character from the 2005 short film Dust.
ősi a.k.a. The Open Source Initiative is an organization dedicated to promoting open-source software.
- also known as OSI
- official website: opensource.org
- ősi a.k.a. Ősi is a village in Veszprém county, Hungary.
- ősi a.k.a. Osijek Airport is the airport serving Osijek, Croatia. The airport is located 20 km east southeast of Osijek and is situated near the Osijek – Vukovar regional road, southwest of the eponymous village of Klisa.
- ősi a.k.a. The Osing language, locally known as the language of Banyuwangi, is the language of the Osing people of East Java, Indonesia.
- also known as Banyuwangi, Osing dialect
- ősi a.k.a. Sqstm1 is a protein.
- also known as Osi, p62, Osf-6, Stap, Oxidative stress induced, A170, Sqstm1/p62, Sequestosome 1
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ősi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Ősi to learn how to say it correctly!