On this page:
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is an island in the Visayas, within central Philippines and considered the third largest island in the country. The island is divided into three provinces: Samar province, Northern Samar province, and Eastern Samar province. These three provinces, along with the provinces on the nearby islands of Leyte and Biliran are part of the Eastern Visayas region.
- also known as 薩馬島
- part of Philippines
- šamar a.k.a. Samar: Province of Samar is a province in the Philippines located in the Eastern Visayas region. Its capital is Catbalogan City and covers the western portion of Samar Island as well as several islands in the Samar Sea located west of the mainland. The province is bordered to the north by Northern Samar and Eastern Samar to the east. Samar is connected to island and province of Leyte via the San Juanico Bridge, which spans the San Juanico Strait, the narrowest strait in the world. To its south is Leyte Gulf. On 8 November 2013, the province was significantly damaged by Super Typhoon Yolanda, specifically the towns of Basey and Marabut.
- also known as Samar province, Western Samar, Samar Occidental, Province Of Samar
- country: Philippines
- šamar a.k.a. Samar, Israel: Samar is a kibbutz in the Arabah valley in the far south of Israel. Located near Eilat, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hevel Eilot Regional Council.
- also known as Samar
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a Mountain.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar: سمر، مغنية إماراتية.
- šamar a.k.a. Jay Soni is an Indian television actor.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Samar (actor)
- šamar a.k.a. Samar appeared in the 2013 documentary film Samar.
šamar a.k.a. Samar is a musical group.
- album: "Ramas"
- official website: www.samarmusic.com
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a fictional character from the 2012 TV series Al set.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a fictional character from the 1939 film Leatherface.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a fictional character from the 2007 TV series.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a fictional character from the 2005 film I Love You.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a fictional character from the 1993 film Gharamyat Sayes.
- šamar a.k.a. Samar is a fictional character from the TV series Karam Apnaa Apnaa.
- "šamar" a.k.a. "Šamar" is the sixth album by the Croatian punk rock band Hladno Pivo. It was released in 2003.
- "šamar" a.k.a. "Samar" is a musical album of Jessika Kenney.
- "šamar" a.k.a. "Samar" is a 2013 Tamil mystery thriller film written and directed by Thiru. It features Vishal, Trisha Krishnan and Sunaina in the lead roles, with Manoj Bajpai and J. D. Chakravarthy appearing in supporting roles. Richard M. Nathan handled the cinematography, while the film's soundtrack and score were composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja and Dharan Kumar, respectively. The Telugu version titled Vetadu-Ventadu, is scheduled for release on 24 January 2013. The story revolves around a trekking guide, who is forced to leave for Bangkok under strange circumstances and witnesses a series of puzzling incidents there. After several delays finally the film was released on 13 January 2013 to positive reviews.
- "šamar" a.k.a. "Samar" is a 2013 short documentary film written and directed by Mohammad Rahahleh.
- "šamar" a.k.a. "Conflict": Samar is an Indian feature film directed by Shyam Benegal. This movie is based on the book "Unheard Voices: Stories of Forgotten Lives" by Harsh Mander. It was produced by National Film Development Corporation of India, a government agency.
- also known as Samar
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Urdu Language
- executive producer: Raj Pius
- written by Ashok Mishra
- cinematography by Rajan Kothari
- edited by Aseem Sinha
- music by Vanraj Bhatia
- costume design by Mandira Shukla
- genre: Drama
- released on (14 years ago)
- "šamar" a.k.a. "Samar" is a film, directed by George Montgomery and written by George Montgomery & Ferde Grofé, Jr..
- producers: Ferde Grofé, Jr. & George Montgomery
- music by Harry Zimmerman
- read more about Samar (film)
šamar a.k.a. Samar is a female Arabic given name meaning evening conversations, or night talk. Samar in Arabic is a cognate of the Hebrew name Shamar which means to preserve. The name has also extended into other cultures and has different meanings: Samar is a male name in Islamic culture and means fruit; in Hindi and Sanskrit, Samar is a male name and means war.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Šamar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Šamar to see it in context!