On this page:
Who is Živojin Pavlović?
živojin Pavlović a.k.a. Živojin Pavlović: Živojin "Žika" Pavlović was a Serbian film director and writer. In his films and novels, he depicted the cruel reality of small, poor and abandoned people living in the corners of society; he was one of the major figures of the Black Wave in Yugoslav cinema in 1960s, a movement which portrayed the darker side of life rather than the shiny facades of communist Yugoslavia. Pavlović received numerous awards, including two NIN Prizes for his novels, one Silver Bear of the Berlin International Film Festival and several Golden Arenas of the Yugoslavia's most prestigious Pula Film Festival.
- also known as Z. Pavlovic, Zika
- born on (82 years ago) in Šabac
- nationality: Serbia
- profession: Screenwriter, film director
- died on (16 years ago) in Belgrade of myocardial infarction
- read more about Živojin Pavlović (film director)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Živojin Pavlović
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: