-AND appears in many tongue twisters:
- Two tried and true tridents
- fresh fish and fried prawns
- Silly sheep weep and sleep.
-AND appears in many pangrams (sentences using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- JFK got my VHS, PC and XLR web quiz. (26 letters)
- The jay, pig, fox, zebra, and my wolves quack! (33 letters)
- Waxy and quivering, jocks fumble the pizza. (35 letters)
-AND appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Pat and Edna tap.
- Enid and Edna dine.
- Delia and Edna ailed.
On this page:
Definition of -AND
What does -AND mean?
- A suffix forming nouns denoting patients or recipients of actions, such as compiland.
Phrases with -AND
View more phrases with the word -AND in thesaurus!
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for -AND
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about -AND
Anagrams of -AND
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of -AND!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of -AND to see it in context!