-EE is a horizontally symmetrical term. More symmetrical terms!
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of -EE
What does -EE mean?
- Added to verbs to form words meaning a person or thing that is the object of that verb (ie, to whom or to which an action is done).
- Less commonly added to verbs to form words meaning a person or thing that is the subject of that verb (ie, who or that does an action), especially where a passive sense of the verb is implied.
- [legal] Used to form words meaning a person who is the other party to a contract involving a person described by the corresponding word ending in -or
- [medicine] Used to form words meaning a person who has undergone a particular medical procedure
- Irregularly added to nouns to mean a person somehow associated with the object denoted by the noun.
- Used to form diminutives.