-FIX appears in the following pangrams (sentences using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- Quizzical twins proved my hijack-bug fix. (34 letters)
- Fix problem quickly with galvanized jets. (35 letters)
- Sympathizing would fix Quaker objectives. (36 letters)
-FIX appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Stolen opals I fix if I slap one lots.
- Won’t I set a gentle fix I felt negates it now?
- Now did a cadet relax if a fix alerted a cad I’d won?
On this page:
Definition of -FIX
What does -FIX mean?
- [grammar] Forming nouns denoting a morpheme used in word formation joined to a word in the specified way (e.g.: 'in'fix = "attached within", 'circum'fix = "attached around").
- [chiefly grammar] Forming verbs denoting fastening or attaching (something) in the specified way (e.g.: 'suf'fix = "append", 'pre'fix = "preface").
Printed books with definitions for -FIX
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Practical Journal Exclusively for These Interests by A. A. Hill, M. T. Richardson
CULVER, Atlanta Absolutely Harmless GUARANTEED to Repair Leaky Radiators or Money Refunded RAD-PIX NOTE Rad-Fix is a filtered liquid. Do not confuse it with powders and cement compounds that clog the radiator and destroy ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for -FIX
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about -FIX
i have to build a tree house,
i have to build a table,
i have to build a new house,
cant i get a break.
i have to fix the tree house,
i have to fix the table,
i have to fix the new house,
seriusly, cant i have a break! (Shaikha Alansari)
more quotes about -fix...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of -FIX to see it in context!