On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of -ING
What does -ING mean?
- Used to form gerunds, a type of verbal nouns, from verbs.
- synonym: -ery
- Used to form uncountable nouns from various parts of speech denoting materials or systems of objects considered collectively.
- Used to form nouns of the action or the procedure of a verb; usually identical with meaning 1. in the English language or expressed with -tion instead
- Used to form present participles of verbs.
- Forming derivative nouns (originally masculine), with the sense ‘son of, belonging to’, as patronymics or diminutives.
- Having a specifed quality, characteristic, or nature; of the kind of
Printed books with definitions for -ING
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Explanation and Expression in Ethics by Mark Andrew Schroeder
The account that gets this part roughly correct says: Subsumption #2: R is an agent-relational reason for X to do A ≡def ∃s ∃b s is an agent-neutral reason to do b & A-ing is a way for X to do b & R is an essential part of the explanation why ...
An Essay on Divine Authority (2002)
by Mark C. Murphy
(Or: If A is a created rational being and 0-ing is an action not otherwise excluded, then God's command that A (f) constitutively actualizes a decisive reason for A to 0.) ...
The Cultural Politics of Fur (1997)
by Julia Emberley
3" Vogue-ing is a spin- off from giving SHADE, which is a takeoff from READING. Reading and giving shade involve f1nding a flaw in your ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for -ING
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about -ING
If you need images about -ING for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about -ING
Anagrams of -ING
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of -ING!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of -ING to see it in context!