On this page:
Definition of -ITE
What does -ITE mean?
- a follower or adherent of a specified person
- a descendant of a specified historical person
- part of the body or part of an organ of the body
- a rock, mineral or fossil
- the product of a specified process or a commercial product
- [chiefly US] a native or resident of a specified place
- [chemistry] a salt or ester of an acid whose name ends in -ous
- forming adjectives
Printed books with definitions for -ITE
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Official descriptive and illustrated catalogue of the Great exhibition of the works of industry of all nations, 1851
by Robert Ellis
[Glaubu-ite is an anhydrous sulphate of soda and lime, and is found chiefly in some parts of Spain, and at Vic (department do In Hem-the), disseminated in common salt. It has only been found crystalline, and the crystals injure on exposure to a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for -ITE
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of -ITE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of -ITE!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of -ITE to see it in context!