-MEN appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- The six men have power to seize the ship quickly. (39 letters)
-MEN appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Aid nine men, India.
- Draw nine men inward.
- Defy men ere her enemy fed.
On this page:
Fun fact! The plural of "man" is "men", but the plural of "pan" is not "pen".
Definition of -MEN
What does -MEN mean?
- Persons who are experts in an area; e.g. horsemen, sportsmen.
- Persons who are employed or hold a position in an area; e.g lawmen, newsmen.
- Persons who have special characteristics relating to an area, e.g. freemen, icemen, supermen.
- In certain cases, persons who derives from a particular nationality; e.g. Scotsmen, Chinamen.
Phrases with -MEN
View more phrases with the word -MEN in thesaurus!
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for -MEN
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about -MEN
men without work
men without hope,
even more so.
men without dignity
fight without fear.
men without freedom
have nothing to lose.
men without love
cant find their way! (Eric Cockrell)
more quotes about -men...
Anagrams of -MEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of -MEN!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of -MEN to see it in context!