-SOME appears in the following tongue twisters:
- In shoulder surgery some surgeons sew soldiers' shoulders.
- The Knight said, "He's", with niceties, "some nights a tease or nice at ease on nice settees".
- There was a fisherman named Fisher
who fished for some fish in a fissure.
Till a fish with a grin,
pulled the fisherman in.
Now they're fishing the fissure for Fisher.
-SOME appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- While making deep excavations we found some quaint bronze jewelry. (56 letters)
-SOME appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Draw some memos, Ward.
- At a demo, stat some data.
- Some dramas, Asa, mar demos.
On this page:
Definition of -SOME
What does -SOME mean?
- characterized by some specific condition or quality
- Used to form a word indicating a group with a certain small number of members (from two to eight)
- A body
- A chromosome
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for -SOME
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about -SOME
Anagrams of -SOME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of -SOME!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of -SOME to see it in context!