The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun 1:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1
What does 1 mean as a name of something?
- the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of 1: ace / I / one / single / unity
- more generic words: digit / figure = one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
- more specific words:
Definition of the adjective 1
What does 1 mean as an attribute of a noun?
Other definitions of 1
What does 1 also mean?
- See 1.
- [context: text messaging] Misspelling of !, especially when using a lot of exclamation marks, since on QWERTY keyboards the 1 and ! share the same key.
- [context: Internet slang, leet, deliberate, sarcastic] Misspelling of !, imitating noobs who forget to hold down the shift key while typing exclamation marks.