On this page:
Definition of the noun 1 esdras
What does 1 esdras mean as a name of something?
- an Apocryphal book consisting of a compilation from I Chronicles and II Chronicles and Ezra and Nehemiah
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 1 Esdras: I Esdra
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Apocrypha = 14 books of the Old Testament included in the Vulgate (except for II Esdras) but omitted in Jewish and Protestant versions of the Bible; eastern Christian churches (except the Coptic Church) accept all these books as canonical
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 1 Esdras
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Johnnie Godwin, Phyllis Godwin, Karen Dockrey
Ezra (1 Esdras) 2 Esdras (Ezra Nehemiah (2 Esdras) Nehemiah) Esther (with apocryphal additions) Tobit Judith Judith Tobit Esther 1 ...
by Bill T. Arnold, H. G. M. Williamson
The Nomenclature of Ezra, Nehemiah and Apocryphal Literature OT Ezra OT Nehemiah A Paraphrase of Ezra A Latin Apocalypse Septuagint Esdras beta Esdras gamma Esdras alpha Vulgate 1 Esdras 2 Esdras 3 Esdras 4 Esdras Modern ...
by Merrill F. Unger
(1 Esdras) 2 Esd. (2 Esdras) Tobit (Tobit) Judith (Judith) H. A. Butz R. K. Harrison W. Haskell D. S. Martin E. McChesney 1 Kings 2 Kings 1 Chron. 2 Chron. Ezra Neh. Esther Job Ps. Prov. 2 Cor. Gal. Eph. Phil. Col.
Revised Full-Color Edition by Merrill C. Tenney
John Jude Revelation 1 Esdras 2 Esdras (= 4 Ezra) Tobit Judith Additions to Esther Wisdom of Solomon Ecclesiasticus (Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach) Baruch Epistle of Jeremy Prayer of Azariah Song of the Three Children (or Young ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 1 Esdras
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of 1 Esdras to find many related words and phrases!