On this page:
Definition of the noun 1 esdras
What does 1 esdras mean as a name of something?
- an Apocryphal book consisting of a compilation from I Chronicles and II Chronicles and Ezra and Nehemiah
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 1 Esdras: I Esdra
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Apocrypha = 14 books of the Old Testament included in the Vulgate (except for II Esdras) but omitted in Jewish and Protestant versions of the Bible; eastern Christian churches (except the Coptic Church) accept all these books as canonical
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 1 Esdras
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Johnnie Godwin, Phyllis Godwin, Karen Dockrey
Ezra (1 Esdras) 2 Esdras (Ezra Nehemiah (2 Esdras) Nehemiah) Esther (with apocryphal additions) Tobit Judith Judith Tobit Esther 1 ...
by Bill T. Arnold, H. G. M. Williamson
The Nomenclature of Ezra, Nehemiah and Apocryphal Literature OT Ezra OT Nehemiah A Paraphrase of Ezra A Latin Apocalypse Septuagint Esdras beta Esdras gamma Esdras alpha Vulgate 1 Esdras 2 Esdras 3 Esdras 4 Esdras Modern ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 1 Esdras
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of 1 Esdras to find many related words and phrases!