On this page:
Definition of the noun 1 maccabees
What does 1 maccabees mean as a name of something?
- an Apocryphal book describing the life of Judas Maccabaeus
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 1 Maccabees: I Maccabees
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Apocrypha = 14 books of the Old Testament included in the Vulgate (except for II Esdras) but omitted in Jewish and Protestant versions of the Bible; eastern Christian churches (except the Coptic Church) accept all these books as canonical
Alternative definition of the noun 1 maccabees
- [biblical] The first book of Maccabees of the Old Testament Apocrypha.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 1 Maccabees
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. Daniel Hays, J. Scott Duvall, C. Marvin Pate
book 1 Maccabees 1:54 – 64. These passages seem to attest to two or ...
by Stanley E. Porter
First Maccabees Determining possible dependence on or allusion to the Hebrew canonical books is difficult for two reasons: first, 1 Maccabees was clearly originally written in Hebrew, whereas we have only the Greek translation; second, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 1 Maccabees
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about 1 Maccabees
1 Maccabees Meaning
Video shows what 1 Maccabees means. The first book of Maccabees of the Old Testament Apocrypha.. 1 Maccabees Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of 1 Maccabees to find many related words and phrases!