On this page:
Definition of the noun 1 maccabees
What does 1 maccabees mean as a name of something?
- an Apocryphal book describing the life of Judas Maccabaeus
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 1 Maccabees: I Maccabees
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Apocrypha = 14 books of the Old Testament included in the Vulgate (except for II Esdras) but omitted in Jewish and Protestant versions of the Bible; eastern Christian churches (except the Coptic Church) accept all these books as canonical
Alternative definition of the noun 1 maccabees
- [biblical] The first book of Maccabees of the Old Testament Apocrypha.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 1 Maccabees
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Johnnie Godwin, Phyllis Godwin, Karen Dockrey
Tobit Judith Judith Tobit Esther 1 Maccabees 1 Maccabees 2 Maccabees 2 Maccabees 3 Maccabees POETRY 4 Maccabees Job POETRY Psalms Psalms Proverbs ...
by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren, Heinz-Josef Fabry
Baruch, 1 Maccabees. Judith) or Aramaic (Tobit) exhibit the same findings with regard to the relationship between qds/hdgios as do the canonical writings; hence one can assume the same concurrence and the same meaning of hdgios in the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 1 Maccabees
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about 1 Maccabees
1 Maccabees Meaning
Video shows what 1 Maccabees means. The first book of Maccabees of the Old Testament Apocrypha.. 1 Maccabees Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of 1 Maccabees to find many related words and phrases!