On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1 samuel
What does 1 samuel mean as a name of something?
- the first of two books in the Old Testament that tell of Saul and David
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 1 Samuel: I Samuel
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Old Testament = the collection of books comprising the sacred scripture of the Hebrews and recording their history as the chosen people; Nebiim / Prophets = the second of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures
Alternative definition of the noun 1 samuel
- [biblical] A book of the Old Testament of the Bible, and of the Tanakh; in some Bibles known as 1 Kings.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 1 Samuel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Pat Rogers
1 Samuel Johnson (1709- 84)...
Prophets: Joshua Judges 1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings Latter Prophets: Isaiah Jeremiah Ezekiel The Twelve Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zechariah Malachi Ruth 1 Samuel 2 Samuel ...
Kids' Bible Dictionary (2009)
by Jean Fischer
Samuel 4:1–2 1 Samuel 7:10–12. ECCLESIASTES,. BOOK. OF. A book in the Old Testament. Ecclesiastes is a book of wisdom. It was probably written by King Solomon. The book is about both the sadness and joy of life. It says that joy ...
by Geoffrey W. Bromiley
While 1 Samuel begins with the birth of Samuel, who plays a prominent role in the book up to ch. 25 (cf. ch. 28), Samuel himself resembles in a number of ways the judges of the book of Judges; thus in some ways the division between Judges ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 1 Samuel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 1 Samuel
If you need images about 1 Samuel for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about 1 Samuel
Click on an item to play that video:
- 1 Samuel Meaning
Video shows what 1 Samuel means. The ninth book of the Old Testament of the Bible, and of the Tanakh, in some Bibles known as 1 Kings.. 1 Samuel Meaning.
- Few Minutes in 1 Samuel: Old Testament Prayer Language (The Nation's Christ-based Leader)
Using the Few Minutes platform, Dr. Steven DavidSon reveals God's plan for humanity with the beginning of Kings. First Samuel demonstrates how God deals ...
See also the pronunciation examples of 1 Samuel!
Quotes about 1 Samuel
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 1 Samuel to see it in context!