On this page:
Definition of the noun 1 samuel
What does 1 samuel mean as a name of something?
- the first of two books in the Old Testament that tell of Saul and David
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 1 Samuel: I Samuel
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Old Testament = the collection of books comprising the sacred scripture of the Hebrews and recording their history as the chosen people; Nebiim / Prophets = the second of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures
Alternative definition of the noun 1 samuel
- [biblical] A book of the Old Testament of the Bible, and of the Tanakh; in some Bibles known as 1 Kings.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 1 Samuel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Pat Rogers
1 Samuel Johnson (1709- 84)...
Read 1 Samuel 3:1-21 aloud from the Bible so children know the passage is in God's Word. Then ask: • Samuel heard ...
Prophets: Joshua Judges 1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings Latter Prophets: Isaiah Jeremiah Ezekiel The Twelve Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zechariah Malachi Ruth 1 Samuel 2 Samuel ...
by Scott B. Noegel, Brannon M. Wheeler
The book describes the selection of Israel's first king Saul and Samuel's warnings against instituting a monarchy (1 Samuel 8) and details the monarchy's early formation, its political and military battles (mostly against the Philistines and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 1 Samuel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 1 Samuel
If you need images about 1 Samuel for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about 1 Samuel
Click on an item to play that video:
- 1 Samuel Meaning
Video shows what 1 Samuel means. The ninth book of the Old Testament of the Bible, and of the Tanakh, in some Bibles known as 1 Kings.. 1 Samuel Meaning.
- Few Minutes in 1 Samuel: Old Testament Prayer Language (The Nation's Christ-based Leader)
Using the Few Minutes platform, Dr. Steven DavidSon reveals God's plan for humanity with the beginning of Kings. First Samuel demonstrates how God deals ...
See also the pronunciation examples of 1 Samuel!
Quotes about 1 Samuel
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 1 Samuel to see it in context!