On this page:
10,000 Maniacs is a United States-based alternative rock band, which formed in 1981 and continues to be active with various line-ups.
- also known as 10.000 Maniacs, Nathalie Merchant & 10,000 Maniacs, Ten Thousand Maniacs, 10000 Maniacs
- Jerry Augustyniak (Drums) since
- Dennis Drew (Keyboard) since
- Jeff Erickson (Guitar) since
- Steve Gustafson (Bass guitar) since
- Mary Ramsey (Vocals) since
- Natalie Merchant (Vocals) between and (12 years)
- John Lombardo (Vocals) between and
- John Lombardo (Vocals) between and (21 years)
- Rob Buck (Lead guitar) between and (17 years)
- Oskar Saville (Lead Vocals) between and (5 years)
- Rob Buck (Guitar) between and
- John Lombardo between and (5 years)
- Jerry Augustyniak since
- Rob Buck between and (19 years)
- genres: College rock, Jangle pop, Alternative rock, Folk rock, Soft rock, Post-punk, Rock music
- albums: "Human Conflict Number Five", "The Wishing Chair", "In My Tribe", "Blind Man's Zoo", "Hope Chest: The Fredonia Recordings 1982–1983", "Our Time in Eden", "Few & Far Between", "MTV Unplugged", "Because the Night", "Candy Everybody Wants", "Love Among the Ruins", "More Than This", "The Earth Pressed Flat", "Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure and Unknown Recordings", "These Are Days", "You Happy Puppet", "Secrets of the I Ching", "Live Twenty-Five", "What's the Matter Here?", "Live USA", "Trouble Me", "Extended Versions", "Triangles", "Bottom Line, Ny March 29, 1988", "Music from the Motion Picture"
- official website: www.maniacs.com
- 10,000 Maniacs a.k.a. Amanda Kramer is an American musician, best known as a former keyboard player of the 1980s electronic band Information Society. She soon left the band claiming personal issues. She then joined the musical collective, Golden Palominos, beginning with 1989 A Dead Horse, as a featured vocalist. She then appeared on some 10,000 Maniacs albums as a guest artist, most prominently on their MTV Unplugged album. In 1993, she met Karl Wallinger and joined World Party. She has also toured with Lloyd Cole, Julee Cruise and Siouxsie Sioux, among others. While in London, she has also composed music for the television series "Lonely Planet", later renamed Pilot Guides and Globe Trekkers.
- read more about Amanda Kramer
- 10,000 Maniacs a.k.a. Steve Gustafson is the bass guitarist for the alternative rock band 10,000 Maniacs. He and Dennis Drew are the only remaining founding members of the group.
- read more about Steve Gustafson
- 10,000 Maniacs a.k.a. Dennis Drew is the keyboardist for the band 10,000 Maniacs. He has been with the band since its inception in 1981 and is one of only two remaining founding members of the band. Drew is also general manager of WRFA-LP, a low-power nonprofit radio station in Jamestown, New York.
- read more about Dennis Drew
- 10,000 Maniacs a.k.a. Jerry Augustyniak: Jerome Stanley "Jerry" Augustyniak is the drummer for the American band 10,000 Maniacs. Augustyniak joined the band in March 1983, two years after the group formed. Augustyniak continues to perform with the band who tour extensively. Their most recent album, "Music From The Motion Picture", released in 2013, has garnered rave reviews.
- read more about Jerry Augustyniak
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 10,000 Maniacs
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: