On this page:
100 Proof a.k.a. 100 Proof (Aged in Soul): 100 Proof was an American funk/soul group, who were formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1969. They were put together by former Motown songwriting team Holland-Dozier-Holland, signing the group to their new Hot Wax Records label. The group went on to release several hit singles between 1969 and 1972. The biggest of these was "Somebody's Been Sleeping", which reached #8 on the Billboard Hot 100. This disc sold over one million copies, and received a gold disc awarded by the R.I.A.A..
- read more about 100 Proof (Aged in Soul)
- "100 Proof" is the third studio album by American country music artist Kellie Pickler. It was released on January 24, 2012. The album includes the single "Tough". The title track, was released exclusively on iTunes on December 20, 2011. The album sold 27,000 copies in the first week, and is the highest-charting album of Pickler's career on the Billboard 200 and the Digital Albums chart.
- genre: Country
- released on
- "100 Proof" is a song recorded by American country artist Kellie Pickler. It was released on April 16, 2012, and served as the second single from the album of the same name.
- "100 Proof" is a musical album of 100 Proof (Aged in Soul).
- released in (43 years ago)
- "100 Proof" is a musical album of The Happy Schnapps Combo.
- "100 Proof" is a 2012 album by Kellie Pickler.
- released on
"100 Proof" is an independently produced American thriller, written and directed by Jeremy Horton. Shot on location in Kentucky, it is based on the true story of a killing spree that took place in Lexington in 1986. Two women, LaFonda Fay Foster and Tina Hickey Powell, murdered five people in the real-life incident. The film's supporting cast includes Jim Varney, who portrays the drunk, violent, incestuous father of one of the two women at the center of the story. Varney's role is radically different from the humorous Ernest P. Worrell character for which he was best known.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- starring: Jim Varney as Rae's Father
- genres: Crime Drama, Drama
- released in (18 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 100 Proof
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bob Lipinski
Thus, 80 proof means 40 percent alcohol by volume, 100 proof means 50 percent alcohol by volume, and so on. In order to provide the consumer with clearer and more useful information on labels for distilled spirits, the United States Alcohol ...
Hydrologic Data and Internet Resources by Pedro Fierro, Jr., Evan K. Nyer
United States Kiloliter Chemicals Acetic acid, United States Alcohol, 100 proof, United States Liter Alcohol, 190 proof, United States Liter Alumina (Bayer process), United States Ammonia, synthetic, United States Ton of liquid NH3 Ammonia ...
THE ENCYCLOPEDIA AMERICANA (1920)
whiskies in America are made by adding water to the highwines or doublings in the receiving cistern until they are reduced to "100 proof* or "proof," — approximately half ethyl alcohol and half water, — and then storing them in charred barrels.
by Webster's New World Dictionary, Editors Of Webster's II Dictionaries
An alcohol-water mixture or a beverage with a standard amount of alcohol, the US standard being 100 proof, or 50%, of ethyl alcohol by volume at 60°F. prop1 ( prop) n. [MEproppe, prob. of MDu. orig.) 1. A device for shoring something up.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 100 Proof
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 100 Proof to learn how to say it correctly!