On this page:
Definition of the noun 11-plus
What does 11-plus mean as a name of something?
- (formerly in Britain) an examination taken by 11 and 12 year old students to select suitable candidates for grammar school
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of 11-plus: eleven-plus
- more generic words: examination / testing = the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 11-Plus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard Aldrich, Peter Gordon
Campaigned for the 1944 Education Act; from 1941, Mander demanded equality of opportunity in schooling, the raising of the school-leaving age, the ending of the 11-plus examination, the abolition of fees in secondary education and the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 11-Plus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about 11-Plus
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 11-Plus to see it in context!