On this page:
Definition of the noun 11-plus
What does 11-plus mean as a name of something?
- (formerly in Britain) an examination taken by 11 and 12 year old students to select suitable candidates for grammar school
- region: Britain / Great Britain / U.K. / UK / United Kingdom / United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of 11-plus: eleven-plus
- more generic words: examination / testing = the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 11-Plus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard Aldrich, Peter Gordon
Campaigned for the 1944 Education Act; from 1941, Mander demanded equality of opportunity in schooling, the raising of the school-leaving age, the ending of the 11-plus examination, the abolition of fees in secondary education and the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 11-Plus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about 11-Plus
The reality is that zero defects in products plus zero pollution plus zero risk on the job is equivalent to maximum growth of government plus zero economic growth plus runaway inflation. (Dixy Lee Ray)
more quotes about 11-plus...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 11-Plus to see it in context!