On this page:
- "12 Songs" is the second studio album by American singer-songwriter Randy Newman, released in April 1970 on Reprise Records. It features a swampy roots music style and introspective, satirical songwriting. "Have You Seen My Baby?" was released as its sole single in May.
- "12 Songs" is the twenty-sixth studio album by Neil Diamond, released in 2005. It was his first album of all-original, all-new material since 2001's Three Chord Opera. It was produced by Rick Rubin and is often erroneously cited as the first Diamond album since the Bang Records era to feature the artist playing acoustic guitar; in truth he played guitar on his Uni/MCA output and his Columbia output, possibly uncredited on most, if not all, albums.
- "12 Songs" is a musical album of Samuel Burger.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "12 Songs" is a musical album of Cory Branan.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "12 Songs" is a musical album of Jenny Scheinman.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "12 Songs" is a musical album of Seven League Boots.
- "12 Songs" is a musical album of Amersham.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 12 Songs
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kevin Courrier
Essentially, 12 Songs is a rock & roll album, but one that draws attention to questions about what constitutes pop entertainment. “Newman can only be called a rocker in the way Andy Kaufman was a comedian,” Sean Elder once noted in Salon ...
Songs, Op. 8 (Gesänge); 12 Songs, Op. 6 (Lieder); 6 Songs, Op. 19a (Gesänge); 6 Songs, ...
The World's Music: General Perspectives and Reference Tools by Ruth M. Stone
3:511–12 songs. See ballads; carols and caroling; chant; devotional songs and singing; hymns; laments; love songs; lullabies; narratives; popular music; ...
by John G. Merritt, Allen Satterlee
Each issue has contained eight to 12 songs that cover every worship and concert situation. Vocal copies are scored SATB, and separate accompaniment/ conductor copies are supplied. An accompaniment/demonstration recording is also ...
Covering the Entire Period of Musical History from the Earliest Times to the Season of 1908-09 by Leander Jan Bekker
Songs, Op. 8 (Gesange); 12 Songs, Op. 6 (Lieder); 0 Songs, Op. 19a (Gesange) ; 6 Songs, ...
by Eric Arnesen
The 12 songs on the two 78-RPM records included "Hold the Fort" and "Solidarity Forever." The ILGWU also produced the popular labor musical Pins and Needles. Another musical that addressed workers issues in a more esoteric form, The ...
by Julie Anne Sadie, Rhian Samuel
12 songs (1888); 4 ...
Genres: North America by John Shepherd, David Horn
Discography Revival Generation: 12 Songs That Rocked a Nation. WorshipTogether CD 0226R. 1998: USA. The Best of Maranatha! Vols ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 12 Songs
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about 12 Songs
He learned through the way that my father and I felt about his songs, his country songs, that they were great songs. And then he went out and sang them for the audiences that we found, and he found a tremendous reaction to that. (Alan Lomax)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 12 Songs to see it in context!