"1343" a.k.a. "Ragtime" is a novel by E. L. Doctorow, published in 1975. This work of historical fiction is mainly set in the New York City area from about 1900 until the United States entry into World War I in 1917. A unique adaptation of the historical narrative genre with a subversive 1970's slant, the novel blends fictional and historical figures into a framework that revolves around events, characters and ideas important in American history.
- also known as "Ragtime (Picador Books)", "Ragtime (1261)", "Ragtime. Roman"
- language: English Language
- The little boy
- Mother's Younger Brother
- Harry Houdini
- genres: Historical novel, Fiction, Children's literature, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Literary, Classics, Literature, United States of America, History
- copyright: 1975
- released in (40 years ago)
- 1343 a.k.a. Drive Shaft is a TV program, begun on (12 years ago).
- country: United States of America
- 1343 a.k.a. cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIb pseudogene 3 is a gene.