On this page:
"14 Kilometers": 14 kilometres is the distance that separates Africa from Europe. It is also, however, the height of an insurmountable barrier preventing millions of Africans from fulfilling their dreams, entering the paradise of the old continent and escaping hunger and deprivation... In 2003 the director went to Nigeria to make a documentary about the caravans that transport salt across the Tenere Desert. He found himself on an important immigration route streaming with cargo lorries overloaded with immigrants, their cargo twice as large as the vehicles themselves. He met hundreds of people travelling in this way from Sub-Saharan Africa to Libya, Algiers and Morocco, from where they attempt to get to Europe. Many of these lorries disappear into the desert forever, lost without a trace. Olivares heard unbelievable tales of the fates of these passengers that seemed as if they did not even belong to this world... This story of three young Nigerians, Violeta, Buba and Mukela, pays homage to those who reached their destination and to those who failed. It takes us through a long and perilous journey across the Sahara, where we see what the media never shows us.
- also known as 14 kilómetros
- country: Spain
- languages: Arabic Language, Spanish Language
- director: Gerardo Olivares
- producers: Miguel Morales & José María Morales
- written by Gerardo Olivares
- Aminata Kanta as Violeta
- Illiassou Mahamadou Alzouma as Mukela Biru
- Adoum Moussa as Buba Biru
- Rachid Abeghraz as Clandestinos marroquies #1
- Mohamed Achemol as Clandestinos marroquies #2
- Elmfeddel Adimo as Clandestinos marroquies #3
- Ahoussani Ahmed as Figuration Niger #1
- Hima Ahya as Figuration Niger #2
- Aghali Alansar as Figuration Niger #3
- Ahmed Alansar as Figuration Niger #4
- cinematography by Alberto Moro & Gerardo Olivares
- edited by Raquel Torres
- music by Santi Vega
- genre: Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 14 kilometers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
miles (14 kilometers) north of the Battery. One of its tributaries is a short commercial waterway called Newtown Creek, which forms the natural boundary between Brooklyn and Queens. Although the ...
by Rosenberg, Weisfelder
Moshoeshoe offered a location 14 kilometers to the south ...
by Joseph A. Angelo
Uranus encountered the Uranian system at a relative velocity of more than 14 kilometers per second. What we know about Uranus today is largely the result of that spectacular encounter. Uranus has one particularly interesting ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 14 kilometers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about 14 kilometers
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 14 kilometers to learn how to say it correctly!