"1483" a.k.a. "Native Tongue" is the first novel in Suzette Haden Elgin's feminist science fiction series of the same name. The trilogy is centered in a future dystopian American society where the 19th Amendment was repealed in 1996 and women have been stripped of civil rights. A group of women, part of a worldwide group of linguists who facilitate human communication with alien races, create a new language for women as an act of resistance. Elgin created that language, Láadan, and instructional materials are available.
- language: English Language
- genres: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Woman, Feminism
- copyright: 1984-08
- released in (31 years ago)
- award: - Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for Suzette Haden Elgin
1483 a.k.a. Boys Over Flowers is a tv program.
- begun in (19 years ago)
- country: Japan
- regular cast:
- genres: Animation, Drama
- 1483 a.k.a. cataract, anterior polar 1 is a gene.
- 1483 a.k.a. Doomwatch - Season 2 is a tv season.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1483 to learn how to say it correctly!