15 May Organization
On this page:
Definition of the noun 15 may organization
What does 15 may organization mean as a name of something?
- a terrorist organization formed in 1979 by a faction of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine but disbanded in the 1980s when key members left to join a faction of al-Fatah
- region: Israel / Sion / State of Israel / Yisrael / Zion
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
15 May Organization: Founded in 1979, the 15 May Organization or Abu Ibrahim Faction was a minor breakout faction from Wadie Haddad's Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - External Operations.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for 15 May Organization
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Terrorism (2002)
by Harvey W Kushner
The now defunct 15 May Organization, an Iraqi-based Palestinian terrorist group, was led by Muhammad al-Umari, aka Abu Ibrahim or “the bomb man.” It became known for carrying out several highprofile airplane bombings during the 1980s, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 15 May Organization
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: