157 a.k.a. Minder is a British comedy-drama about the London criminal underworld. Initially produced by Verity Lambert, it was made by Euston Films, a subsidiary of Thames Television and shown on ITV. The show ran for ten series between 29 October 1979 and 10 March 1994, and starred Dennis Waterman as Terry McCann, an honest and likable bodyguard and George Cole as Arthur Daley, a socially ambitious, but highly unscrupulous importer-exporter, wholesaler, used-car salesman, and purveyor of anything else from which there was money to be made whether inside the law or not. The show was principally set in inner West London, and was largely responsible for putting the word minder, meaning personal bodyguard, into the UK popular lexicon. The characters often drank at the local members-only Winchester Club, where owner and barman Dave acted, often unwillingly, as a message machine for Arthur, and turned a blind eye to his shady deals. The series was notable for using a range of leading British actors, as well as many up-and-coming performers before they hit the big time; at its peak was one of ITV's biggest ratings winners.
- begun on and completed on (6 years ago)
- 108 episodes of 60 minutes each
- country: United Kingdom
- created by Leon Griffiths & Verity Lambert
- regular cast:
- genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Action, Adventure Film, Drama
- some of the awards:
- British Academy Television Award for Best Drama Series nomination for George Taylor
157 a.k.a. Atheneum Books was a New York City publishing house established in 1959 by Alfred A. Knopf, Jr., Simon Michael Bessie and Hiram Haydn. Simon & Schuster has owned Atheneum properties since its acquisition of Macmillan in 1994 and it created Atheneum Books for Young Readers as an imprint for children's books in the 2000s.
- also known as Atheneum, Atheneum Publishers
157 a.k.a. The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, also known as Pentagon City Mall, is an upscale shopping mall in Arlington, Virginia. It is situated in the Pentagon City neighborhood on the lower levels of the Washington Tower office building, former home of MCI's Consumer Markets headquarters, near Interstate 395 and Hayes Street. The mall takes its logo from the architectural design of Washington Tower. Its Metro level is directly connected to the Pentagon City station on the Blue and Yellow Lines of the Washington Metro.
- also known as Pentagon City Mall
- part of Arlington County, 22202
- official website: www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=157
- 157 a.k.a. Pancreatic cancer: A primary or metastatic malignant tumor involving the pancreas. Representative examples include carcinoma and lymphoma.
- also known as cancer at the head of pancreas, Cancer pancreas, Pancreas cancer, Malignant Pancreatic Neoplasm
- 157 a.k.a. Treponema is a genus of spiral shaped bacteria. The major species is Treponema pallidum, whose subspecies are responsible for diseases such as syphilis, bejel, and yaws. Treponema carateum is the cause of pinta. Treponema paraluiscuniculi is associated with syphilis in rabbits.
- 157 Transport Regiment was a regiment of the Territorial Army in the United Kingdom. It now survives as the Welsh Transport Regiment.
- also known as 157 (Wales and Midlands) Transport Regiment
- 157 a.k.a. adrenergic, beta, receptor kinase 2 is a gene.
- also known as beta adrenergic receptor kinase 2
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 157 to learn how to say it correctly!