On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective 16-bit
What does 16-bit mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [computing, of a word size, or an integer] Represented using 16 bits (2 bytes or 1 doublet)
- 16-bit a.k.a. 16bit were an electronic music and production duo from London, UK, consisting of Eddie Jefferys and Jason Morrison. They were signed to Chase & Status' MTA Records, and best known for their work with Björk.
- also known as 16 Bit
- genres: Dubstep, Electronic music, Glitch, Industrial music, Darkstep
- albums: "Put Ya Dirt Inside / Ford Fiesta", "PCP / President of Europe", "Swine Flu", "In the Death Car EP", "Cobra", "The Tale of the Exploding Fist", "Chainsaw Calligraphy: The Remixes", "FRZR9000 / Skullcrack", "Flat Beat / Classical", "Dinosaurs / Boston Cream", "Nebulos / Serum", "Hit The Deck / Texaco", "Panic / Hoodlumz Riddim / The Inquisition (Part 2)", "The Milky Pie Mix"
- 16-bit a.k.a. 16 Bit is a musical group.
16-bit: In computer architecture, 16-bit integers, memory addresses, or other data units are those that are at most 16 bits wide. Also, 16-bit CPU and ALU architectures are those that are based on registers, address buses, or data buses of that size. 16-bit is also a term given to a generation of microcomputers in which 16-bit microprocessors were the norm.
- also known as 16 bit, 16 μπιτ
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 16-bit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 9 - Icon Programming Language to Knowledge-Based Systems: APL Techniques by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
The next step was producing a 16-bit architecture. The decision was made to build a microprocessor that offered complete compatibility with the application software used with Intel's 8-bit family of microprocessors. This led to the development ...
The A to Z Desktop Reference of Photoshop by Philip Andrews
0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS4 See also: 16-bit, 8-bit, High Dynamic Range Each digital file you create (photograph or scan) is capable of representing a specific number of colors. This capability, usually ...
by Edwin D. Reilly
Nintendo released its 16-bit Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) to compete with the Genesis. Sega retaliated by releasing a CD- ROM add-on to the Genesis, but it was not popular. Nintendo sold more than 1 000 000 copies of ...
Dictionary of E-Business (2003)
A Definitive Guide to Technology and Business Terms by Francis Botto
Photographic images on the other hand are different, and to obtain realistic images you may need 16-bit 65 K colour images, or even 24-bit 16. 7 million colour images. Needless to say file sizes grow in proportion to the image depth chosen: a ...
Perl Developer's Dictionary (2002)
by Clinton Pierce
Signed short (16-bit). S Unsigned short (16-bit). u Unencoded string. U Unicode character number. v Short in little-endian (vax) order (16-bit). V Long in little-endian (vax) order (32-bit). w ASN.1 BER compressed ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 16-bit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 16-bit
If you need images about 16-bit for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about 16-bit
I like animals. I like natural history. The travel bit is not the important bit. The travel bit is what you have to do in order to go and look at animals. (David Attenborough)
more quotes about 16-bit...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 16-bit to see it in context!