On this page:
"17-August": The first prison in Russia for those sentenced to life – a single cell. “Prisoner Boris Bezotechestvo. Life sentence. Article 102. Triple murder”. Boris is communing with a God who is indifferent to his fate. He prays, but is not a believer. His words fill the air of the cell. He talks and listens to himself. The space within the cell consumes him. His world is four walls and the view from the window. The prison physically thrusts the prisoner into Time. A long succession of days and nights allotted to him, after which comes “hell” or “heaven”.
- countries: Russia, Finland, Poland
- language: Russian Language
- director: Alexander Gutman
- producers: Alexander Gutman & Krzysztof Kopczyński
- written by Alexander Gutman
- cinematography by Nikolay Volkov, Alexander Gutman, Maxim Efros
- music by Vladimir Tarasovs
- genre: Documentary film
- subject: Boris Bezotechestvo
- rating: 16+ (RU)
- released in (6 years ago)
17-august a.k.a. August 17 is the 229th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 136 days remaining until the end of the year.
- also known as 17 August
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 17-August
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about 17-August
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 17-August to see it in context!