Who is 1835?
1835 a.k.a. Leonardo da Vinci: Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was an Italian polymath, painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived. His genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination". According to art historian Helen Gardner, the scope and depth of his interests were without precedent and "his mind and personality seem to us superhuman, the man himself mysterious and remote". Marco Rosci states that while there is much speculation about Leonardo, his vision of the world is essentially logical rather than mysterious, and that the empirical methods he employed were unusual for his time.
- also known as Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci, Da Vinci, Leonardo DaVinci, Leonardo
- born on (563 years ago) in Vinci, child of Caterina da Vinci and Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci
- ethnicity: Italian people
- nationality: Republic of Florence
- religion: Catholicism
- profession: Architect, engineer, anatomist, military engineer, painter, musician, botanist, writer, inventor, sculptor, scientist, mathematician, geologist, cartographer
- died on (496 years ago) in Amboise
- buried in Chapel of Saint-Hubert
- written works: "Codex Trivulzianus", "The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci", "Street Music", "Cuadernos de Notas", "No Royalty A/C Notebooks of Leonardo DA Vinci", "Codex Windsor", "Codex Arundel", "Codex Forster", "Paris Manuscripts", "Codex Madrid", "Codex on the Flight of Birds", "Codex Leicester", "Codex Urbinas", "Codex Ashburnham", "Leonardo on the eye", "Il paragone delle arti", "Art and Mathematics", "Degnen, Lisa", "Codex Atlanticus", "Fables of Leonardo da Vinci", "Leonardo, paintings and drawings", "Leonardo's Last Supper resurrected, by Fernanda Wittgens", "Tutta la pittura di Leonardo"
"1835" a.k.a. "The Gripping Hand" is a 1993 novel by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. It is a sequel to their multi-award-nominated 1974 work The Mote in God's Eye. The Gripping Hand is, chronologically, the last novel to be set in the CoDominium universe. In the United Kingdom, it was released as The Moat around Murcheson's Eye.
- also known as "The Moat Around Murcheson's Eye", The Moat Around Murcheson's Eye
- language: English Language
- authors: Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1993-02
- released in (22 years ago)
- award: - Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle
1835 is a railroad operations and share trading board game in the 18XX series, designed and published by Hans im Glￃﾼck in 1990. The game board covers most of Germany. It was the first 18XX game use the concept of 'minor' companies, which operated like the normal stock companies but are owned by a single person like a private company.
1835 a.k.a. Conan the Adventurer is an American-French-Canadian animated television series adaptation of Conan the Barbarian, the literary character created by Robert E. Howard in the 1930s. Produced by Jetlag Productions and Sunbow Productions, the series debuted on September 12, 1992, ran for 65 episodes and concluded on November 22, 1993. The series was developed by Christy Marx who served as the sole story editor. The episode "A Needle in a Haystack", written by Jean Chalopin, is considered a lost episode, as it was never released on the complete DVD set for Australia which only included 64 episodes. " A Needle in a Haystack" was the show's 33rd episode when it originally aired. It is unclear why this episode was left out of the collection or why this episode is not even listed in most online sources at this time.
- begun on and completed on (22 years ago)
- 65 episodes of 22 or 30 minutes each
- countries: United States of America, Canada
- created by Robert E. Howard
- regular cast:
- genres: Animation, Children's television series, Fantasy, Animated cartoon, Animated series, Action, Action/Adventure, Adventure Film
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1835 to learn how to say it correctly!