1878 a.k.a. Thunderbirds is a British science-fiction television series created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, made by their production company AP Films, and distributed by ITC Entertainment. Filmed between 1964 and 1966, it was produced using marionette puppetry combined with scale-model special effects sequences in a hybrid filming technique dubbed "Supermarionation". Two series and thirty-two 50-minute episodes were filmed; production ended after the Andersons' financial backer, Lew Grade, failed in his bid to sell the programme to American network television.
- begun on and completed on (48 years ago)
- 32 episodes of 50 minutes each
- country: United Kingdom
- created by Gerry Anderson & Sylvia Anderson
- regular cast:
- genres: Science Fiction, Thriller, Action, Animation, Family, Adventure Film
"1878" a.k.a. "Ghostwood" is a book by Charles de Lint.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1990
- released in (25 years ago)
- award: - Locus Award for Best Fantasy Novel nomination for Charles de Lint
1878 a.k.a. Granada/Panther is a publisher.
- 1878 a.k.a. The Rockford Files - Season 2: The second season of The Rockford Files originally aired Fridays at 9:00-10:00 pm on NBC from September 12, 1975 to March 19, 1976.
- also known as The Rockford Files
- 1878 a.k.a. ECHO virus (serotypes 4, 6, 11, 19) sensitivity is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1878 to learn how to say it correctly!