1884 a.k.a. Timeslip is a British children's science fiction television series made by ATV for the ITV network and broadcast between 1970 and 1971. The series centres on two children, Simon Randall and Liz Skinner who discover the existence of a strange anomaly, known as the "Time Barrier", that enables them to travel in time to different historical periods in alternate pasts and futures. The two children have contrasting personalities; whereas Simon is studious, Liz is something of a tomboy, and this often leads to conflict between the two. However, as the series progresses, their antagonism matures into a deep bond of friendship.
- begun on and completed on (44 years ago)
- 26 episodes of 25 minutes each
- country: United Kingdom
- regular cast:
- genres: Science Fiction, Children's television series, Fantasy
- official website: www.timeslip.org.uk
"1884" a.k.a. "Gateway" is a 1977 science fiction novel by American writer Frederik Pohl. It is the opening novel in the Heechee saga. Several sequels followed, and the novel was adapted into a computer game in 1992.
- also known as "Gateway (Heechee Saga)", "Gateway (Millennium SF Masterworks S)", Portico
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- released in (38 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Hugo Award for Best Novel nomination for Frederik Pohl
- Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for Frederik Pohl
- Hugo Award for Best Novel, received by Frederik Pohl
- Locus Award for Best Novel, received by Frederik Pohl
- John W. Campbell Memorial Award for Best Science Fiction Novel, received by Frederik Pohl
1884 is a Postal Code.
- 1884 a.k.a. Chloramoebales is an organism classification.
- 1884 a.k.a. epidermolysis bullosa 3, progressiva is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1884 to learn how to say it correctly!