Who is 1889?
1889 a.k.a. Robertson Davies: William Robertson Davies, CC, OOnt, FRSC, FRSL was a Canadian novelist, playwright, critic, journalist, and professor. He was one of Canada's best known and most popular authors, and one of its most distinguished "men of letters", a term Davies is variously said to have gladly accepted for himself and to have detested. Davies was the founding Master of Massey College, a graduate residential college associated with the University of Toronto.
- also known as William Robertson Davies
- born on (102 years ago) in Thamesville
- nationality: Canada
- profession: Writer, novelist, journalist, playwright, professor
- died on (20 years ago) in Orangeville
- read more about Robertson Davies (novelist)
"1889" a.k.a. "The Garden of Rama" is a novel by Gentry Lee and Arthur C. Clarke. It is the third book in the four-book Rama series: Rendezvous with Rama, Rama II, The Garden of Rama, and Rama Revealed, and follows on from where Rama II left off.
- language: English Language
- authors: Gentry Lee & Arthur C. Clarke
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1991-09
- released on (24 years ago)
- award: - Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for Gentry Lee & Arthur C. Clarke
1889 is a railroad operations and share trading board game in the 18XX series, published by both Wild Heaven Productions in 2004 and Deep Thought Games, LLC in 2006. The game was designed by Yasutaka Ikeda and is set in Shikoku Japan.
- publishers: Deep Thought Games, LLC
- 1889 a.k.a. Gun Shy is an American western comedy television series that aired from March 15 until April 19, 1983.
- 1889 a.k.a. endothelin converting enzyme 1 is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1889 to learn how to say it correctly!