1914 was a board wargame published by the Avalon Hill game company in 1968 and designed by James F. Dunnigan. It was a corps-level simulation of the first few weeks of World War I on the western front. The game came in an 11" × 14" cardboard box, and included a fold-out, cardboard-backed game map, German and Allied cardboard counters, a set of dice, game variant cards, a mobilization chart pad for secret deployment, and various charts and instructions including a Battle Manual.
- publisher: Avalon Hill
"1914" is a 1931 German drama film directed by Richard Oswald and starring Albert Bassermann, Hermann Wlach and Wolfgang von Schwindt. The film focuses on the leadership of the Great Powers of Europe in the days leading up to the outbreak of the First World War. It was shot at the Babelsberg Studios in Berlin and premiered in the city at the Tauentzien-Palast on 20 January 1931. At the request of the German Foreign Office an introduction by Eugene Fischer was filmed and presented at the start of the film. A special screening was held at the Reichstag on 3 March 1931.
- also known as 1914, die letzten Tage vor dem Weltbrand; 1914: The Last Days Before the War
- country: Germany
- language: German Language
- producer: Richard Oswald
- written by Heinz Goldberg & Fritz Wendhausen
- Albert Bassermann as Count Hollweg
- Hermann Wlach as Count von Jagow
- Wolfgang von Schwindt as Count von Moltke
- Robert Hartberg as Count Hoyos
- Reinhold Schünzel as Czar Nicholas II
- Lucie Höflich as The Czarina
- Ferdinand Hart as Archduke Nicholas
- Oskar Homolka as Sazanow
- Adolf E. Licho as Suchomlinow
- Hans Peppler as Count Pourtales
- Theodor Loos as Paléologue
- Fritz Alberti as Buchanan
- Eugen Klöpfer as Emperor Franz Josef
- Alfred Abel as Count Berchtold
- Victor Jensen as Count Tisza
- cinematography by Mutz Greenbaum
- edited by Paul Falkenberg
- set decoration by Franz Schroedter
- genre: Drama
- released on (83 years ago)
- "1914" is a musical album of The Buff Medways & Billy Childish.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "1914" is a musical album of Arkus.
- released in (22 years ago)
- 1914: Year 1914 was a common year starting on Thursday in the Gregorian calendar and a common year starting on Wednesday in the Julian calendar. It was the year that saw the beginning of what became known as World War I.
- 1914 a.k.a. WWF LiveWire was a professional wrestling television program produced by the World Wrestling Federation. It aired from 1996 to 2001 on the USA Network and later TNN.
- 1914 is a sonnet by Wilfred Owen. It deals with the atrocities of World War I.
- 1914 a.k.a. The Waltons - Season 6 is a tv season.
- 1914 was a nominee for the 1980 Laurence Olivier Award for Outstanding First Achievement of the Year in Opera or Ballet.
- award: - Laurence Olivier Award for Outstanding First Achievement of the Year in Opera or Ballet nomination for Michael Pink
- 1914 a.k.a. ectrodactyly, ectodermal dysplasia and cleft lip/palate syndrome 2 is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1914 to learn how to say it correctly!