|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1920s
What does 1920s mean as a name of something?
- the decade from 1920 to 1929
- examples: It was in the 1920s that a big earthquake destroyed Tokyo. | The hotel lobby boasts a beautiful, crystal chandelier from the 1920s. | I bet you'd never heard of a Stroh violin before Tom Waits dug it back up! Anyway, it used a large metal horn as its resonator instead of a wooden box so it could be picked up better by recording equipment before the late 1920s. | Kemal Tahir narrates the occupation days of Istanbul in 1920s in his book named "The People Of The Slave City" | In 1920s inflation was so high in Germany, it was an ordinary case to burn money to keep warm.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of 1920s: twenties
- more generic words: decade / decennary / decennium = a period of 10 years
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1920s to learn how to say it correctly!