1927 are an Australian pop, rock band formed in 1987 with James Barton on drums, Bill Frost on bass guitar, his brother Garry Frost on guitar and keyboards, and Eric Weideman on vocals, guitar and keyboards. They were popular in the late 1980s and early 1990s with their major hit songs "That's When I Think of You", "If I Could", "Compulsory Hero" and "Tell Me a Story". Their multi-platinum number-one album, ...ish was followed by The Other Side which peaked at number three. At the ARIA Music Awards of 1989 they won two categories: Breakthrough Artist – Album for ...ish and Breakthrough Artist – Single for "That's When I Think of You". At the 1990 ceremony they won Best Video for "Compulsory Hero", which was directed by Geoff Barter. Late in 1986 Garry Frost saw Weideman on a "Red Faces" talent segment of variety TV show Hey Hey It's Saturday, Frost offered Weideman a spot in a new band, 1927. In 1992 the group released a third studio album, 1927, which reached the top 40; but they disbanded the following year. Weideman reformed 1927 in 2009 with a new line-up.
- genres: Rock music, Pop music
- albums: "That's When I Think of You", "...ish", "If I Could", "The Other Side", "1927", "The Very Best Of 1927"
- official website: www.1927.net.au
"1927" a.k.a. "Flowers for Algernon" is a 1966 novel by Daniel Keyes.
- also known as "Flowers for Algernon (Heinemann Plays)", "Flowers for Algernon (New Windmill)", "Flowers for Algernon (Bantam Classic)", "Flowers for Algernon (Millennium SF Masterworks S)"
- language: English Language
- released in (49 years ago)
- some of the awards:
1927 a.k.a. Pomegranate is a publisher.
- 1927 a.k.a. 1927 Theatre Company is a theater company.
- read more about 1927 Theatre Company
- 1927 is a sports league season, event.
- 1927 a.k.a. It's a Miracle: It's a Miracle is a television show that aired on PAX-TV between September 6, 1998 and September 1, 2004. Initially hosted by Billy Dean and Nia Peeples and then Richard Thomas, and later by Roma Downey, it explored case studies of people who experienced perceived miracles during their lifetime.
- 1927 a.k.a. Mannix - Season 6: This is a list of episodes from the sixth season of Mannix.
- also known as Mannix
- 1927 a.k.a. eukaryotic translation elongation factor 1 alpha-like 9 is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1927 to learn how to say it correctly!