- "1939" a.k.a. "Glorious 39": England, 1939. Beautiful summer days. Country mansions. Elegant picnics. Banter. But this is also a year when storm clouds are gathering on the horizon: war is imminent. Director Stephen Poliakoff creates a highly unusual and exceptionally intelligent portrait of what was going on in England during those fateful days, glimpsed and digested through the lens of a prominent family at the centre of events that could have fateful consequences for the future of the nation. What the story explores is the antithesis of all the familiar clichés of a brave, united country standing up to Hitler.
- read more about Glorious 39
- "1939" is a drama film directed by Göran Carmback.
- country: Sweden
- language: Swedish Language
- genre: Drama
- released on (25 years ago)
"1939" a.k.a. "Fire" is a book by Alan Rodgers.
- genres: Fiction, Horror, Speculative fiction
- subject: Espionage
- copyright: 1990
- "1939" is a musical album of M. Hornek.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "1939" is a musical album of Farewell June.
- 1939 a.k.a. ligatin is a gene.
- also known as Hepatocellular carcinoma-associated antigen 56
- 1939 a.k.a. Martial Law - Season 2 is a tv season.
- 1939 a.k.a. Sugar and Spice is a short-lived American sitcom that premiered on March 30, 1990 on CBS.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1939 to learn how to say it correctly!