|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1940s
What does 1940s mean as a name of something?
- the decade from 1940 to 1949
- examples: By the 1940s, the qipao came in a wide variety of designs and fabrics, with an equally wide variety of accessories. | DDT is a carcinogen which was commonly used in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of 1940s: forties
- more generic words: decade / decennary / decennium = a period of 10 years
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1940s to learn how to say it correctly!