"1942" is a vertically scrolling shoot 'em up made by Capcom that was released for the arcade in 1984. It was the first game in the 19XX series. It was followed by 1943: The Battle of Midway.
- mode: Cooperative gameplay, Single-player video game
- designer: Yoshiki Okamoto
- developer: Capcom
- genres: Scrolling shooter, Shoot 'em up, Action game
- publisher: Capcom
- released in (31 years ago)
- "1942" a.k.a. "1942: A Love Story" is a 1994 Bollywood film starring Anil Kapoor, Manisha Koirala, Jackie Shroff, Anupam Kher, Danny Denzongpa, and Pran. The film was the first ever to be given a U/A rating while featuring a scene, previously considered inappropriate for young children, showing the actors kissing. The film was highly acclaimed for its music, songs, picturization, cinematography, lyrics and the portrayal of its leading lady Manisha Koirala, a turning point for her career. The film was released some time after the death of the music director, Rahul Dev Burman. The film received nine Filmfare Awards. This is the first Indian film to use Dolby Stereo.
- read more about 1942: A Love Story
- "1942" a.k.a. "Back to 1942" is a 2012 Chinese historical film directed by Feng Xiaogang. It is based on Liu Zhenyun's novel Remembering 1942, and is about a major famine in Henan, China, during the Second Sino-Japanese War. On 11 November 2012, the film premiered at the International Rome Film Festival. The film was selected as the Chinese entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards, but was not nominated.
- read more about Back to 1942
- "1942" is a film, directed by Kelvin Tong.
"1942" a.k.a. "Fires of Eden", a book by Dan Simmons, centres on the history and mythology of Hawaii, the moral and ethical issues of the United States occupation of Hawaii, and various other issues.
- also known as "The Fires of Eden"; "Fuegos del Eden, Los"; "Les feux de l'Eden"
- genre: Speculative fiction
- subject: Hawaii
- copyright: 1994
- "1942" is a 2001 EP release from Soul-Junk.
- genre: Indie rock
- released on (14 years ago)
- "1942" is a musical album of Barbatos.
1942 a.k.a. ephrin-A1 is a gene.
- also known as ligand of eph-related kinase 1; immediate early response protein B61; ephrin A1; tumor necrosis factor, alpha-induced protein 4; eph-related receptor tyrosine kinase ligand 1
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1942 to learn how to say it correctly!