|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1950s
What does 1950s mean as a name of something?
- the decade from 1950 to 1959
- examples: The decline can be traced to the 1950s. | Taiwan was far from being any kind of economic miracle in the 1950s. | She was born in the 1950s. | In the 1950s, Canadian mothers, who scolded their children, called them by their full names. | The term ‘milonguero style tango’ was coined in the early 1990s to describe the style of dancing tango that was prevalent in the milongas of downtown Buenos Aires in the 1950s. | The 1950s are characterized through a cold war between east and west. | DDT is a carcinogen which was commonly used in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. | We're not in the 1950s anymore!
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of 1950s: fifties
- more generic words: decade / decennary / decennium = a period of 10 years
1950s is an exhibition subject.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1950s to learn how to say it correctly!