|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1960s
What does 1960s mean as a name of something?
- the decade from 1960 to 1969
- examples: The research institute was established in the late 1960s. | The institution was established in the late 1960s. | In the 1960s, folk music was very popular. | The 1960s were years of protest and reform. | Shag rugs were popular in the 1960s. | DDT is a carcinogen which was commonly used in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of 1960s: sixties
- more generic words: decade / decennary / decennium = a period of 10 years
The 1960s was a decade that began on 1 January 1960 and ended on 31 December 1969. The 1960s term also refers to an era more often called The Sixties, denoting the complex of inter-related cultural and political trends around the globe. This "cultural decade" is more loosely defined than the actual decade, beginning around 1963 and ending around 1974.
- also known as دهه ۱۹۶۰
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1960s to learn how to say it correctly!