|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 1990s
What does 1990s mean as a name of something?
- the decade from 1990 to 1999
- examples: The debate continues into the 1980s and 1990s. | The 1990s began with the Gulf War. | The 1990s began with the Gulf incident. | Our company's technology has already reached the level of a developed country in the 1990s. | The term ‘milonguero style tango’ was coined in the early 1990s to describe the style of dancing tango that was prevalent in the milongas of downtown Buenos Aires in the 1950s.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of 1990s: nineties
- more generic words: decade / decennary / decennium = a period of 10 years
1990s are an indie rock three-piece band from Glasgow, Scotland.
- also known as the 1990s
- genres: Indie rock, Garage rock, Power pop, Rock music
- albums: "Cookies", "You Made Me Like It", "You're Supposed to Be My Friend", "Kicks", "See You at the Lights"
- official website: www.roughtraderecords.com/the1990s
The 1990s, pronounced "nineteen-nineties" or abbreviated as "nineties", was a decade that began on 1 January 1990, and ended on 31 December 1999.
- also known as Nineties
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 1990s to learn how to say it correctly!